GR-55 - Sitar Detuned

Started by sine_3000, March 31, 2015, 03:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sine_3000

Hi All,

I love the sound of a sitar, and I've been searching for a perfect sitar tone for years and years.  I've sampled all the sitars for the GR-55 too, and while some are very good, they just sound too perfect to make me feel they are realistic.

So I created my own.  I think you'll find this doesn't sound like any sitar patch you've heard here before.  I used the COSM sitar patch with 12-strings, and slightly detuned all of the sympathetic strings - not evenly either!  For Synths I used Sitar 02, which I think sounds the most authentic, and for the second synth I used ther Santur 3, for a kind of thumpy percussive sound mixed in.

All COSM string levels are also mixed up, so it will not play the exact same tones evenly across the strings!  There are variable volume levels between synth and COSM across the strings, too.

Finally, there is a mild phaser, switchable with the CTRL pedal.  And, the EXP Pedal remains turned off, but will pich-bend (just the synths, not the COSM!) 1 step up for some more bendy, detuned fun!

Very funky, I personally am loving it.  Be sure to play with sitar phrasing for the best effect.

Enjoy, please leave a comment if you download and like the patch.

Sine_3000

TayzGpa

Marvelous!  Thanks for the patch!  Love sitars.  Reminds me of the 60's!

sine_3000

Wow, a comment!  Thanks!  Actually I will clean this patch up a bit and make some modifications soon, since I have learned even a little more since I made it a week ago...  ^_^  Keep a look out.