VG88 - 13 pin and regular guitar cable

Started by Ciaron, August 13, 2016, 01:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciaron

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked or covered before.

The guitar I use with my VG88 is being upgraded right now so I don't have it to hand to try this out, but something just occurred to me...

Is it possible to connect to the VG88 with both 13 pin and regular 1/4" guitar cables at the same time?

My thinking is that I can use the VG88 sounds with the 13 pin cable as normal, but then if I wanted to add extra effects (a Fuzz Factory for example, or something not covered in the VG88) these can have a direct feed from the guitar (via the 1/4" cable and by switching the guitar to output from only the mag pickups) and then plugged into the VG unit via the 1/4" guitar input.

That way I can have the flexibility of the VG modelling and switching, together with my favourite stomp boxes thrown into the mix (without the hex based features naturally) and all outputted together.

Would that work?

Thanks in advance.
Ciaron

Chrisfromiowa

I've tried this but it didnt work too well. I had to mess around with the gain and I ended up with either more synth sound or more guitar sound but wasnt able to balance them. I was also wondering about the GR-D V-Guitar Distortion. It uses the 13 pin cable and I'd love to have them both set up with my 88. I know there is a splitter box available but $200 seems like more money than I'd want to spend. I've read that there are cables that have 1 in-2 out and then all I'd have to worry about is volume.

Elantric

QuoteI've read that there are cables that have 1 in-2 out and then all I'd have to worry about is volume.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=12621.msg86070#msg86070