GR-55 - Sounds available to be sent to Guitar Out Jack

Started by phostenix, October 24, 2012, 10:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phostenix

I'm trying to have the real pickups & the modeled pickups go to the Guitar Out jack on the back of the unit without going on to the synth outs. I don't see a way to "disconnect" the guitar sounds from the internal routing structure. Is there a way to do this? Or do I just have to turn the amp levels down to 0?

tekrytor

Quote from: phostenix on October 24, 2012, 10:02:44 PM
I'm trying to have the real pickups & the modeled pickups go to the Guitar Out jack on the back of the unit without going on to the synth outs. I don't see a way to "disconnect" the guitar sounds from the internal routing structure. Is there a way to do this?

No can do. The GR-55 main outs are a composite mix of all 4 sources (PCMs and guitars). However, you can pan those signals right and left to control which side which signal goes out, as a workaround. For more details, check out the TOP 10 THINGS TO KNOW post.
SY-300/BeatBuddy/VoiceLive 3/GR-55(v1.50)/33/1/50/700/VGA-7/V-Bass, Yam-G10, GPK-4, DIY X-Bee HighlyLiquidCPU "Cozy-Lil-Footie", FCB-1010, other MIDI stuff, Godin Freeway SA and various other GK equipped controllers, Sonar X1, Audacity, KXstudio, Misc devices

PekkaM

How do you actually route something to guitar out besides the dry guitar sound? I'm using the floorboard software and would like to route alternate tuning out from guitar out with no other effect or modeling.

phostenix

Edit>Master tab>Other>Guitar Out

Change Guitar Out from Normal PU to Modeling or Both.

Elantric

Actually it's very easy to disable the Normal Guitar or COSM Modeling Guitar from the Main Output.
Details here:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3402.msg37048#msg37048

Simply turn off the Normal Guitar and Model guitar in the Tone Select area on the GR-55

QuoteHow do you actually route something to guitar out besides the dry guitar sound?

Not possible, the GR-55 Guitar Out jack only supports 4 modes:

1) No Output

2) Dry Normal guitar/bass Pickup only (this is whatever signal is present on Pin 7 of the 13 pin cable.

3) Dry COSM Modeled Guitar Tone - this allows Alt Tunings or COSM GR-300 tones, but Dry with no Amp Modeling or FX.

4)  A combined output of Both #2 and #3

phostenix

Thanks, Elantric. I'll try it tonight. If I turn off the modeled tone, will I still be able to control its volume with the expression pedal or GK volume?

Elantric

QuoteIf I turn off the modeled tone, will I still be able to control its volume with the expression pedal or GK volume?

Only if you have the GK Vol pot assigned to Model Tone Volume

phostenix

That I do. That's why I thought I had to have the modeled tone turned on.

I'll check it out tonight. Thanks again!

phostenix

That works perfectly. Now I can choose what's going out the Guitar Out jack on the back of the GR-55 with the switch on the GK-3 - Real Pickups, Modeled Pickups, or both combined. And the volume control on the GK-3 controls the volume of the modeled pickup(s) out. Excellent.

xbjorn

Hi Everyone,

I just unboxed my GR-55 today!  :D

However, I'm a bit puzzled as I cannot seem to get both my normal PU signal and the modelling/synth signal through the guitar out jack.

I've tried the foillowing:

EDIT/OTHER/GUITAR OUT - SOURCE - BOTH, but I can only get the normal PU sound to come through.

Am I missing something fundamental, or doing something wrong?

Regards,
xbjorn

Elantric

QuoteI cannot seem to get both my normal PU signal and the modelling/synth signal through the guitar out jack.

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=7201.msg50146#msg50146

No can do. The GR-55 Guitar Output jack  is Dry Normal Guitar - or Model Guitar or Mix of both those ( never the  PCM Synths)

main outs are a composite mix of all 4 sources (PCMs and guitars). However, you can pan those signals right and left to control which side which signal goes out, as a workaround. For more details, check out the

GR-55 F.A.Q.
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3137

gumtown

Only the normal guitar - dry - no effects or amp.
Modelled guitar - dry - no effects or amp.

Either/Both tone sources also need to be 'switched on' to output.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Elantric

And check the short 1/4" guitar cable between Guitar OUT and GK-3 Guitar In.