Tremolo-Bar Effect with GR 55?

Started by Singwas, May 01, 2016, 11:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Singwas

Hi! All my GK-equipped Guitars don't have a Tremolo-Bar. But i'd like to create some ambient swells with a soft, subtile tremolo (via pitch-bend). EXP-Pedal Off is used for Volume control, EXP ON for Pitch-Bend (only -1). Together with my Alter Ego Delay and a Hall of Fame Reverb it sounds fantastic. BUT - when I push EXP ON (the EXP is pushed down at full), the pitch-bend is fully activated at first. While playing this hard -1-change doesn't sound good. Is it possible to change the order? It is not possible to control pitch-bend with an assign, right?
GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

gumtown

Right !!
Welcome to the GR-55, where you get what you are given..  :P
It seems the only way to engage the pitch bend is through EXP OFF/EXP ON
And there is no pitch polarity.

You could try +12 pitch bend instead of -12 pitch bend range,
and also have an assign change the modelling pitch down from 0 to -12 when the EXP ON is engaged.
Which will have the pitch bend jump up +12 semitone, and manually adjust the modelling pitch down -12 semitone at the same time, which will cancel each other to 0 pitch when the EXP pedal is toe down while the EXP ON is engaged, and the pedal bend pitch can go from it's +12 setting to 0 (which will actually be 0 to -12).
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Singwas

GR 55
Godin LGXSA
Roland Testgitarre

ratbastid

I put a -4 pitch bend on the expression pedal to play the signature divebomb of Chris Isaac's "Wicked Game". Worked nicely, though at first it was a little counterintuitive to push toe-down to bend flat.

grajedam

Hello, I just encountered this problem, and this is my solution, I use the model pitch pitch shift ( Is how is enlisted in the model assign target) in the assign menu, set target to +12 max and o min, with the expression pedal as source that way it returns to its original tunning on the heel position, I only use it to bend but if I wanted to dive I would assign another slot, with the target on o max, -12 min using the exp pedal on as source , hope it helps!

gumtown

The problem with the Pitch Shift effect is it is not a smooth bend, but in semi-tone bumps, like running your finger up/down a fret-board..
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/