Electro Harmonix Does it Again: The Pitch Fork! [Bill Ruppert content]

Started by aliensporebomb, October 07, 2014, 07:13:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliensporebomb

Check those fingerings everyone!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Bill Ruppert

Thanks Todd for noticing the positions.
I will say for $131 this thing beats all the big $3000-$5000 rack units for pure pitch shifting!
I have had them all.
It just kills them sound wise and latency wise. Super pure.
AND it draws only 30ma which means it runs on a 9 volt battery!
Its insane.

scratch17

Hamer Duotone, Brian Moore i213, Taylor 710 BCE 

VG-99, FC-300, RMC Fanout
RJM Mastermind GT10
Kemper Profiling Amp
Radial JDV Mk3, X-Amp
Mesa Recto Pre + 20/20
68 Fender Bandmaster (AB763)
Marshal AS80R

UA Apollo X6, Twin X, Logic Pro, Luna, Melodyne Studio

myksara

Looks impressive.  How does it compare to the Digitech Drop? The Drop was not quite impressive I read
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

aliensporebomb

What I thought was cool is some of the chords that would drive an octave divider nuts tracked nicely here. 

And the adding the expression pedal jack - very cool.

Bill I had a funny idea - remember the halloween video you did a few years ago where you used a strobe light to modulate the input on one of their pedals - I'll have to go back and look and see what that was.

I wonder if something similar could be used in the expression pedal for some really programmatic pitch shifting effects!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Elantric

QuoteIt just kills them sound wise and latency wise. Super pure.

High Latency has always been the deal breaker for me with any pitch modification device  - glad to hear the Pitch Fork responds fast

gumbo

Hi Bill
..thank you for a brilliant demonstration...I'm convinced!

...BTW, I take it that your post edit didn't also mean that the Pitch Fork has now been reduced to $13.. ;)

Kind regards from Oz,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Bear

Quote from: aliensporebomb on October 08, 2014, 01:15:06 PM
And the adding the expression pedal jack - very cool.

Bill I had a funny idea - remember the halloween video you did a few years ago where you used a strobe light to modulate the input on one of their pedals - I'll have to go back and look and see what that was.

I wonder if something similar could be used in the expression pedal for some really programmatic pitch shifting effects!

Relevant to your interests:

Anything that flashes or blinks should do for the LDR expression control, though the Slicer might be uniquely well equipped for rhythmic light show games.  (I think Lovetone and Devi Ever have done commercial variants in the past.)

supernicd

Nice!  Really impressive demo.  Bill definitely has a gift for seeing interesting intervals on the fretboard.

This is pretty astounding the pitch detection and analysis this unit does in real time, without a hex pickup and apparently without any noticeable latency.
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

Virtual Madness

Wow!...Nice job Bill!  :)

One of the main reasons I was attracted to the VG units (all of which I still have) was so I could get good electric 12 string sounds. I had tried a Boss PS-5 Super Shifter pedal in the past, but it always sounded out of tune to me. This pedal doesn't seem to have that problem!

Royce
The greatest power in the universe is imagination!

Ringleader

Pretty sure this pedal is going to fill that last spot on my pedaltrain nano aux board. I will miss a m3 interval option but think I can live without it. Looks great.

MusicOverGear

Looks nice. First cutesy name of a guitar pedal I can remember actually liking. Great demo!

Headless68

Hmmmm wonder if they have a polyphonic pitch to midi with no hex in the works???

Elantric

Bill Ruppert

Bear Thanks.
Here is a very old video from the Effectology stuff that shows you how to make a photo cell device.

Quote from: Bear on October 08, 2014, 07:50:13 PM
Relevant to your interests:
Anything that flashes or blinks should do for the LDR expression control, though the Slicer might be uniquely well equipped for rhythmic light show games.  (I think Lovetone and Devi Ever have done commercial variants in the past.)

Bill Ruppert

haha  sorry!
Quote from: gumbo on October 08, 2014, 05:49:17 PM
Hi Bill
..thank you for a brilliant demonstration...I'm convinced!

...BTW, I take it that your post edit didn't also mean that the Pitch Fork has now been reduced to $13.. ;)

Kind regards from Oz,
Peter

myksara

When is this pitch fork going on sale?
The video does convince me, but so do other official videos of other gadgets and you find latency issues with such gadgetry only to put them on used gear sale sites.

I can't live with latency on clean patches as I use cleans mostly. Gain sounds always seem to sound better and 'cope up' with latency problems.
Guitars: Ibanez Prestige S5470, Ibanez Jem 7v, Ibanez JS2410, PRS SE Custom24, Cort  Ltd G16, Ibanez RG370Ahmz,
MultiFX: Roland GR55, Zoom 1on, BOSS GT00
Loopers: Digitech trio+, Line 6 JM4
MIDI:, MAudio Axiom24 keyboard, Alesis IO Dock with iPad air 2

Headless68

Im using Jam Origin as backup to FTP at the moment but I was thinking more along the lines of a stomp box with midi out.... that tracks like FTP :-)

acousticglue

Bill Ruppert

Its been talked about but Mike Matthews feels we have to much in development now to stray in to plug ins.
So no time soon.

Quote from: acousticglue on October 29, 2014, 05:05:31 AM
Bill, when is EH going to release pedals in VST form?

mbenigni

QuoteIm using Jam Origin as backup to FTP at the moment but I was thinking more along the lines of a stomp box with midi out.... that tracks like FTP :-)

I've been championing this idea for about a decade now.  Although with virtual instruments living alongside applications like JamOrigin in tablets/laptops, it may already be an idea whose time has passed.  (On the topic of iOS JamOrigin, will they ever get on top of pitch bend support??)

EHX is doing great work with monophonic-to-polyphonic analysis.  The B9 pedal is just amazing in this regard.

Frank

I'm a serious 13 pin devotee, this however is the first thing that has made me think again.
Coupled with an EHX 8 Step Program and my Eventide H9 this could be lots of fun.
Bill: Have you tried this with the output of an acoustic guitar/miced up acoustic/internal mic?
How does it fair with more harmonically complex input?
P.S. yet another great demo (if only Roland would beat a path to Bill's door).

Bill Ruppert

Hi Frank!
Well I have not tried an acoustic but I am sure it would handle it as well as the electric guitar signal.
The 8 step with it would be a hoot!
I will have to give that a shot.
Bill