VG-99 - Martin Wyrsch's Oud - patch

Started by Brent Flash, July 13, 2008, 12:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brent Flash

After doing a little research I came up with this version. It is tuned to regular tuning. Use D-Beam and EXP 1 on FC-300 for some pitch variations. I am still working on some kind of auto vibrato. The version I have so far is on CTL 2 on the FC-300.
See renamed and dedicated final patch below on Reply #5

Heavyzenjazz

Quote from: Brent Flash on July 13, 2008, 12:21:59 PM
After doing a little research I came up with this version. It is tuned to regular tuning. Use D-Beam and EXP 1 on FC-300 for some pitch variations. I am still working on some kind of auto vibrato. The version I have so far is on CTL 2 on the FC-300.

Brent I just love your Ouds! Number 5 is the best so far - only the deep E string seems to..."snare"? I dont know how to express... its just when the tone crosses a specific "deepness" it starts to sound funny and no more like an oud. I dont have master eq on. After Summerholidays I have more time and will post some abuses of your great patches and how i spoiled them.

Rainer/ Trigon

Brent Flash

Quote from: Heavyzenjazz on July 29, 2008, 11:17:33 AM
Brent I just love your Ouds! Number 5 is the best so far - only the deep E string seems to..."snare"? I dont know how to express... its just when the tone crosses a specific "deepness" it starts to sound funny and no more like an oud. I dont have master eq on. After Summerholidays I have more time and will post some abuses of your great patches and how i spoiled them.
Rainer/ Trigon
Glad you like it Rainer! Try the Oud6 below has some gain tweeks and see if it is better. I am thinking this all goes back to the all important string sensitivity settings. But we will see?

Updated patch below. See Reply #5 for dedicated version.

Brent Flash

This patch was a collaboration between Martin Wyrsch and me. This is how it started.
On May 7, 2008, at 10:58 AM, marti_wyrsch wrote:
Hi Brent and everybody

I uploaded some patches. Please improve them - just in case you find
them useful. It would be a pleasure if anybody could make a real Oud.

Cheers,
Martin

This is message #136 over at the Yahoo VG-99 site. http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Roland_VG99/ You can see how this patch and a few others were created because Martin wanted to explore the VG-99. I will soon post a new Oud patch here that will be named MartinWyrschOud.mid in Martin's memory.

feloniouspunk

Lots of Gear. :)

Brent Flash

Here is the Martin Wyrsch Oud. Martin was the person that started pursuing this instrument's sound and I think that since he had a large amount of input into it's creation that it should be named after him in his memory.

FC-300 CTL2=Detuning
FC-300 EXP1=Bend

In memory of Martin Wyrsch of Switzerland.
Patch below! This version is in regular guitar tuning.