Special TriplePlay patches in Kontakt?

Started by frummox, October 05, 2015, 10:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frummox

Finally got the TriplePlay installed on my Hohner/Steinberger and just started to fool around with the software. Inside of Kontakt there is a folder labeled TriplePlay which is I believe contains their custom instruments for Kontakt. When I open one of them (for instance Harpsichord) six narrow windows open up for each of these special TriplePlay patches. I can't figure out how to close/turn them off! The other instruments in Kontakt are easy enough to close by clicking the little x. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to close the special TriplePlay instruments in Kontakt.

frummox

Just spoke to Fishman tech support. Each of the 6 panels have to be closed individually. Strange the instrument can't be closed all at once like other Kontakt instruments.

Jim Williams

The six different instrument tracks are all the same except for the midi channel. each string is a separate midi channel and the separate tracks are for each sting. recommend getting the full version of Kontakt and getting a program called GTak for Kontakt. it has special scripts for each instrument and it put the separate string information so you don't have to run 6 individual tracks for guitar synths. there re also many thongs you can do with the GTak window like turn strings on and off for multi instruments and adjust dynamics and pitch bend information.

Everything from modeling to the real deal, my house looks like a music store.

shawnb

Opening another multi patch clears out the existing multi patch.   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

Spider

For FTP, Gtak isn't needed and it will be redundant to it.  All you need is it in FTP. In any one VST you need run 6 separate instruments if you use mono mode (recommended).

yuri

Spider, how to setting  FTP  for  obtain 6 separate instruments for Kontakt ? Thanks

Spider

You set 6 instances of prefered instruments (remember about proper PB range) i.e. one per string like in Triple Play app.