FTP - Change MIDI Channel

Started by Liquid_Metal, September 22, 2015, 12:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liquid_Metal

Is it possible to change the MIDI Channels in Hardware Mode? I use the Triple Play together with a Korg Kronos, of which the internal keyboard also transmits on Channel 1. I can change it to any channel and that works, but it means I have to change quite some patches I already made.

Elantric

shawnb

At the bottom of the page that Elantric provided a link to, is a chart that shows how channels are used in the different modes.

In Hardware Mode, you can avoid using channel 1 by defining your HW mode patches to use "blue" splits (chs 11-16) or the pedal channel (poly, ch 7).
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

solaris76

Is there a way to output poly mode on channels other than 1? I've read the great info above, but either my lack of knowledge or understanding hasn't come to any conclusion!

I've been looking at an external midi channel rechannelizer but is there another way?

I have the FC1 too if that helps. Ideally I'd like to setup a multi on my blofeld and switch between channels externally, but also assign other midi channels to some other hardware midi synths.

solaris76

Thanks for posting.

Does that mean that Poly mode can only be used on channel 1?

I undersatnd that mono mode can occupy 1-6 or 11-16 with each string occupying a channel, and I could make some multi patches, using the same instrument (or different ones!) on each the 6 channels but can't see anywhere where poly mode channel 1 can be changed. Or am I missing something?

shawnb

As noted above, you can configure usage of the pedal channel, channel 7, which is restricted to poly.  But the channels are really fixed. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

solaris76

Quote from: shawnb on February 24, 2020, 03:25:02 PM
As noted above, you can configure usage of the pedal channel, channel 7, which is restricted to poly.  But the channels are really fixed.

Great stuff, thanks. I think i've got it now!