GR-55 - Wish List

Started by SLICK, February 23, 2011, 02:01:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mrchevy

Mbenigni said "The one realistic thing I wish they would do is make the routing to the DLY, REV, CHO, and EQ more flexible.  i.e. Bypass routing shouldn't just blindly dump into the front of these; there should be options to route PCM, Normal, Modeling, and the subsequent MOD/MFX, into or around each of DLY/REV/CHO/EQ independently.  And DLY/REV/CHO/EQ should each have hard panning parameters so that they can be kept out of one of the L/R outputs if needed."

I second this, signal routing options are pretty weak.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

jazzyjoepass

I would like more (onboard and external) footswitch facility and an external expression pedal input.

A MIDI implementation chart at least for people who want to use MIDI to switch the fx on/off   
2005 Godin LGXT, 2010 Godin Multiac SA
Line 6 X3 Pod Pro, Line 6 X3 Live, Roland GR55

gumtown

Quote from:  jazzyjoepass on July 09, 2012, 08:26:26 PMA MIDI implementation chart at least for people who want to use MIDI to switch the fx on/off   
If you use the GR-55FloorBoard editor and switch on the 'deBug mode' in the preferences >usb/midi settings page, the bottom status bar will display outgoing midi data, so you can toggle the editor effect switches and see the system exclusive data used to toggle the effects on the GR-55.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

jazzyjoepass

Hi Gumtown,

Well, mainly I just want to find out if any MIDI data is being received by the GR55 and if it is responding to it.

I'm looking for tap tempo devices that can be used to control the GR55's tempo via MIDI. I just found out tap tempo can be Assigned to quite a selection of MIDI CC#. I've connected some MIDI devices but I can't tell if the GR55 is not responding or if there is any MIDI data sent ... so my troubleshooting is a little bit difficult at the moment.

But thanks for the editor, it has made editing so much easier. You might be aware, but when controlling the GR55 on it's own rather than using the editor, it causes the editor to crash.

2005 Godin LGXT, 2010 Godin Multiac SA
Line 6 X3 Pod Pro, Line 6 X3 Live, Roland GR55

Elantric

I belive the best you can accomplish is the concept of "Patch Tempo" - see GR-55 owners manual page 58
Patch Tempo
QuoteSpecifies the tempo for tempo-synchronized effects.
If SYSTEM–MIDI/USB–GENERAL–MIDI SYNC (p. 79) is "ON," the tempo is determined by MIDI clock from an external device.

Then you may use any source of external MIDI clock to change numerous GR-55 syncro FX to be synced to to the external MIDI clock tempo

gumtown

The GR-55 needs midi clock for realtime sync, you can use the assigns, but these will only let you toggle between two fixed BPM values, or if using a variable midi controller, only assign a fixed/scaled BPM reletive to a controllers position (like a remote BPM control).

BTW: Which functions are you externally controlling on the GR-55 to cause the editor to crash??
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

subin

My wish is Global Transpose.
Like keyboards all tones transpose when it change in Global settings.
-subin-

Toby Krebs

My wish list is for the new bass player to learn all the changes to the tunes  and bring the charts I gave him to the gig. And for the band leader to make set lists in advance of the gig instead of calling audibles.

KuRi

My two cents:

- Midi filter to cut high pitch notes (to avoid glitches). Original notes above the fretboard does not make sense...

admin