Pitch shifting

Started by teejay, September 22, 2013, 06:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teejay

Forgive me if this has been asked / answered elsewhere, but a quick search didn't turn up an answer.....
I was offered a deal on a GR55, so I had a look at Gumtowns editor, and came up with these issues...

Am I right in thinking that the synth section can only be transposed overall in semitones, and not per string? So no alternate tunings?
Also it seems that the only way to set up an alternate tuning in the COSM section is to use the 12 string section, so unable to have a transposed 12 string.
Am I right on this?

Regards,

TeeJay
Custom KGB headless, internal GK2a and sustainiac stealth plus. GR55 straight into PA.   Guitar out (COSM) feeding digitech VL4 vocal harmoniser.

Mrchevy

Off hand, if you go to the editor>master>alternate tuning>type>scroll down to  user and select, that will allow individual custom string tuning. I believe this will affect all but the normal pickup. I haven't tested this and you may have to select other settings for the pcm but try this and see. It should effect all that are on. Make sure the Alt tuning button is ON
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epi Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG 50's prototype
Squire classic vibe 60's
Epi LP Modern
Epi SG Custom
Martin acoustic

Princeton chorus 210

GT100
GR-55
Helix LT
Waza Air Headphones
Boomerang III

And, a lot of stuff I DON'T need

papabuss

If you activate the 12string settings the alternate tunings cannot be used.
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

aliensporebomb

You need a VG-99 for that kind of chicanery.
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

gumtown

So the combined conclusion for the GR-55 alternate tunings is..
You have alternate tunings available - this affects the instrument modling and PCM synth tones.
The Alternate tunings work per string, either from menu selectable standards or user customisable settings.
While the alternate tuning is in use, the 12 string pitch additive (individual per string) effect can't be used, either one or the other.
Alternate tunings do not affect the normal pickup tone as the GR-55 can't diferentiate the separate strings, but a generic pitch shift effect is availble for that.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

shawnb

Thanks, gumtown - that is the most informative & concise summary I've seen on this question!   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

teejay

Quote from: aliensporebomb on September 22, 2013, 08:29:29 AM
You need a VG-99 for that kind of chicanery.

Which is why I'll probably stick with my VG99 / GR30 setup  ;D

Regards,

TeeJay
Custom KGB headless, internal GK2a and sustainiac stealth plus. GR55 straight into PA.   Guitar out (COSM) feeding digitech VL4 vocal harmoniser.