Author Topic: iOS11 - Audio Latency  (Read 833 times)

Online jassy

Re: iOS11 - Audio Latency
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2017, 11:57:39 AM »
I have the old Pro 12.9 and the 10.5. Noticeable performance difference when using Auria etc.

Not sure how discernible between 9.7 and 10.5 Pros.
Screen real estate is prime though.
Its the same big performance increment, altmost double in multicore:
https://browser.geekbench.com/ios-benchmarks
What about the latency, do you play in realtime with it (amps, effects, synths)?
Well I have bitten so I will see what happens.

Offline Idgolfguy

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2017, 03:40:49 PM »
I use Bias FX live and it’s fine - I don’t notice the latency.
Auria is used to record our rehearsals live.
Have a few Midi synths - again , they work fine, I’m not good enough to hear the latency.

Online jassy

« Reply #27 on: Yesterday at 08:02:34 PM »
I finally received the Ipad Pro 10.5 256 gb tested it with several music apps and the results are totally amazing. Fortunately it came with IOS 10.3.
Its my number 4 Ipad and its the first time that I feel that all that Apple cpu hype is real, finally it can be compared with a real computer.
Normally with my previous Ipads, even the latest pro 9.7 128 gb I had the feeling that the power of the cpu was very limited, it was enough to use a Bias or Pod or Yonac guitar processor at the same time as Midi Guitar and some synth to finish listening soon clicks and unwanted noises.
Now, finally, things seem to have changed, a lot:
in a test I had 4 synthesizers at the same time, Alchemy (inside garageband) + Module + Photophore + Magellan, all playing simultaneously with Midi Guitar in addition to processing the guitar with Bias FX or Pod and not a single click pop or suspicious noise and all at the lowest latency (64 samples)
Im really surprised and amazed this time.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:07:45 PM by jassy »

Offline Elantric

« Reply #28 on: Yesterday at 08:41:30 PM »
Should you desire to maintain that low latency , speedy performance,I  suggest avoid upgrading to IOS 11

Online jassy

« Reply #29 on: Today at 03:24:13 AM »
Should you desire to maintain that low latency , speedy performance,I  suggest avoid upgrading to IOS 11
Yes of course im avoiding it in my Iphone and Ipad.
But Apple insists hammering again and again, despite the fact that I have deactivated the warnings and that I delete the IOS 11 update file every time as you suggestetd.
Its very frustrating that every time the update window jumps in front of my screen, a simple touch in the wrong place and goodbye, it will be irremediably updated. Very scary!.
Not to mention the fact that the programmed obsolescence in the Apple ecosystem is one of the fastest: soon the programs and accessories are not compatible with previous versions of IOS as it happens in some updates of my programs that I could not install due to that only supported IOS 11.

Blog