GP-10 - Dropbox disabled all links to (my) Public files

Started by ainsoph, March 17, 2017, 04:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ainsoph

Dropbox disabled all links to Public-folder files today ( i received no warning or notification that this was about to happen )

so all my links of samples , audio files  (and pictures) for presets are not working anymore

reply from Dropbox :

As of March 15, 2017 the Public folder in your Dropbox account has been converted into a standard folder. By default this folder is private to your account. This transition will occur automatically.

If someone visits a link to a file in your Public folder, they'll see an error page

gumbo

...don't you just love progress.... ::)

Take care and don't stress..I'm sure we'll all wait patiently   :-*
Thank you once more for all your work!

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

shawnb

I've received a long series of warnings from Dropbox that in order to improve their offering (?!?) they are getting rid of public links.

I was hoping there would be a follow up indicating a new technique, but no dice.

So...  I don't get the "improve" part. 
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

ainsoph

Quote from: gumbo on March 17, 2017, 05:44:47 PM
...don't you just love progress.... ::)

Take care and don't stress..I'm sure we'll all wait patiently   :-*
Thank you once more for all your work!

Cheers,
Peter
Quote from: shawnb on March 17, 2017, 05:52:49 PM
I've received a long series of warnings from Dropbox that in order to improve their offering (?!?) they are getting rid of public links.

I was hoping there would be a follow up indicating a new technique, but no dice.

Updating links .... now all will be able to download samples and videos for my presets

i have updated links in all my packs for samples and for more recent presets because there are more than hundred entries of older presets

gumbo

Quote from: shawnb on March 17, 2017, 05:52:49 PM

...for "offering", read "Return On Investment"...   ..the usual reason for improvement.
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

arkieboy

I also received loads of emails warning about the change.

You should check your notification and email settings in dropbox ...

Steve
Main rig: Barden Hexacaster and Brian Moore i2.13 controllers
Boss SY1000/Boss GKC-AD/Boss GM-800/Laney LFR112

Other relevant gear: Line 6 Helix LT, Roland GR-33, Axon AX100 MkII
Oberheim Matrix 6R, Supernova IIR, EMu E5000, Apple Mainstage, Apple Logic, MOTU M4