SY-300- Change patches using CC

Started by panturnio, December 18, 2016, 02:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

panturnio

Hi!
It's possible to change Sy300 pathces using Control Changes?

My midi pedal controller has a cool option, and when I press twice a footswitch I can send a control change in any value.

I've seen that in the Sy300 midi control menu I can set PATCHES as Target Category, then I can choose SELECT in the Target. Than I can choose between user and preset patches.

I've tried to assign it to a control change, and I've programmed my footcontroller to, but I just come up to change between to patches or to increment them.
Any advice about how to do it?

thanks!! 

gumtown

I do not think that is going to work.
Preset patches can not have the setting and parameters saved, so any attempt to use assigns within preset patches will not work.

Secondly, I don't see much value in using the preset patches (myself), as they are never set to exactly how I like them.
And 99 User patches should be enough.

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

panturnio

Clearly I was thinking about to recall my own user patches, not the factory presets.

Reffering to the menu of the screenshot, If I cannot use it for recall patches what is it really?

panturnio

I'VE SEEN NOW THAT I'VE MADE THIS POST IN THE WRONG TREAD.
PLEASE, ADMINISTRATORS, MOVE IT.
SORRY

szilard

I haven't tried it, but if category is patch and target is select it will go to the patch specified by the cc value. If you were using an expression pedal you may be able to scroll thru the patches ...

gumtown

Quote from: panturnio on December 18, 2016, 02:04:25 PMI've seen that in the Sy300 midi control menu I can set PATCHES as Target Category, then I can choose SELECT in the Target. Than I can choose between user and preset patches.

Sorry I misunderstood your question.
Yes you should be able to use a cc# control message to either flip between two patches, or increment in a cyclic motion through a range of patches.
Each patch will require an assign used to set the next destination from the same cc#, and not a system/global assign, but one by one on each patch required to change.
Patch 1 assign would select patch 2
patch 2 assign would select patch 3
patch 3 assign would select patch 1

Each cc# message sent from your controller would advance the patch change through, and the last patch would be assigned to return to the starting patch.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

panturnio

I've tried several time with all combinations, but it doesn't work.

I've programmed my patch #15 to recall patch #01 and patch #01 to recall #15.

On the Sy300:
CTL MODE set to PATCH
SOURCE MODE I've tried either momentary and toggle
CC #2

On my midi pedal:
PC set to #15
CC #2 set in dynamic mode 0.
It means that as I press the footswitch the first time it recalls the program change #15 and sends a 0 value to cc#2.
As I press that footswitch again it  sends  a 127 value to cc#2.

This method works good with midi controlled amp (I recall a channel and then I press again to engage the fx loop or the second master volume) and works good with my Tc Helichon Voicelive 2 (double press to engage delay, for istance) but just don't work here on my sy300.

Maybe the problem is that the footcontroller just sends again and again the program change, each time that I press a footswitch, so it has priority in recall a patch on the cc.

panturnio

Just tested a new thing:

I've programmed on my footcontroller a preset with no Program Change at all.
Only CC #2 in dynamic mode.

Doesn't work  :'(

Can someone test CC patch changing on SY300 with another midi controller?

Thanks!

panturnio

Update:

Number +/-# now is working!
I've programmed the SY300 patch #10 to jump to patch #20 when CC1 is sent with value 127.
So with my foot controller I just press a button to recall patch 10, then if I press it again it goes to patch 20.

It works with +1, +2.... +10, or -1, -2, 10.....
What is not working is the "select"  function.
I want to jump for instance from patch 10 to patch 35, and it just does't work ::)

Vincent

Hi there Panturnio,

I don't know if you managed to solve your problem, but I have something more or less similar cooking on another stove:

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16294.msg143194#msg143194

I managed to get the SY-300 follow preset-changes coming (in MIDI) from my G-system.
As you might see though (should you click on the link) is that changing patches using the G-System brings up the patches with the internal FX blocks 'on' or 'off' respecting no particular logic that I can wrap my mind around.

Maybe exchanging experiences can get us both back on track?