Boss GT-100.Fender Deluxe Reverb-Gary Moore sustain

Started by Mållgan, December 15, 2016, 07:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mållgan

I have a Boss GT-100 which offers a lot of patches. I am also using a new Fender Deluxe Reverb amp which has two input channels, No 1 (Custom) with Volume- Treble- and Bassknobs and No 2 (Vintage) with sex knobs, Volume, Treble, Bass, Reverb, Speed and Intensity.

I am not sure about how to use, or if I should use, the Boss GT-100-Preampsoption (natural clean highgain stack, BG Lead etc) together with the Fenderamp or if I only should use the Bosseffectoptions (overdrive, compressor, delay etc), that is use the Boss GT-100 only as an effect pedalboard.

I am playing a Fender Stratocaster.

As result, I would like to create the sustain and "drive"  sound that Gary Moore often used.

I would appreciate suggestions.

gumtown

Since the Fender deluxe has no effects loop, you can not use the GT-100 in "four cable method (4CM)" connection,
the best option is to switch off the GT-100 preamps and use only the effects.
A good way to ensure the preamps are switched off, is to use the GT-100 SYSTEM 1 preamp, and have it switched 'off'. This will ensure every GT-100 patch selected will have the preamp switch off.
Ensure the GT-100 "Output Select" is set to "Combo Amp"
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/