Atomic - CLR FR/FR Floor wedges for VG/GR

Started by Phaze, October 10, 2008, 03:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phaze

I also have the 50 watt 1 X 12 Atomic sitting on the Auralex Gramma isolation riser.  I really love the Atomic amp with my VG-99.  FYI, I'm only using it in my home playing mostly rock & blues.

I was skeptical that the Gramma would make the low end sounds of the Atomic clearer but I believe it truly did.  Enough so that I purchased one for my home theater subwoofer too.

tyler_z

Thanks for sharing your recommendations. Worth to check them out:)

onemoreguitar

What you should check out is the new Atomic CLRs. If the hype is true, they should rival most studio monitors. They are designed by Jay Mitchell who owns Frasier Loudspeakers and also designed the sound system for IMAX theaters among other things.  I'll be buying 2 the moment they're released. Been waiting for about a year for them.

GuitarDojo

onemoreguitar

Should be any day now according to Tom form Atomic.  There might be a small delay from the holidays, but other than that they're about on schedule.

DF400

It has been a while since anyone posted on the Atomic amps, so I thought I would give my impression after spending a few days with the CLR powered wedges. I had not had the opportunity to spend a lot of time with them before last week, and can honestly say I was very impressed. Playing my friend's 79 Les Paul Custom through the AXE FX II, into pair of CLRs was a truly fantastic experience - so much so that I signed up for the CLR waiting list as soon as I left his studio. 

I had previously not considered using the CLRs due to the high price tag, but believe I have not experienced the full potential of my AXE FX(s), or other gear, after hearing how they sound through these monitors. It was the first time I can recall that turning my back to the monitors and feeling like I was in front of a 412, powered by a tube amp.

I'm not sure I need two though, since I am fine summing the effects for stage use.

whippinpost91850

I have been using a CLR Neo for almost 2 yrs now with my Kemper and GR55 . I DO NOT miss carrying around heavy guitar cabs anymore. Glad you liked it I love mine

DF400

QuoteI have been using a CLR Neo for almost 2 yrs now with my Kemper and GR55

I'm sure it brings out the best the Kemper has to offer - I considered the Neo, but have not heard it. I understand it is significantly lighter than the original, but does it sound the same?

whippinpost91850

I had both. They sound the same. I'm old so needed the lighter weight. I got to beta test NEO and that's what works for me

Elantric

Atomic CLR Neo MarkII $999 for this production run (while supplies last)

Goes up to regular price of $1399 tomorrow

https://m.facebook.com/atomicamps/

The CLR NEO MKII is the result of years of refining our best-in-class (and beyond) CLR loudspeaker to make it play louder and run cooler while maintaining or enhancing its legendary performance characteristics. The featherweight design weighs only 33lbs! It is a reference quality, active FRFR (full range, flat response) loudspeaker system, perfect for use with amp modelers (like Atomic's AmpliFIRE series) and profilers as well as general PA and studio monitoring purposes.

Pete Thorn Showcases The CLR!

Brett "Bergs" Kingman Raves About His CLR!

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/wow-go-atomic-just-ordered-mkii-version-neo-cyber-monday-400-off.121603/

Not affiliated. Just spreading the love. Fantastic deal. New version and $400 off Neo mkII model! $999 plus shipping. Couldn't pass on this.

But that's just the tip of the iceberg. Atomic has gone totally insane this Cyber Monday and has an offer that will certainly make the wait for CLRs worth it. Here's the scoop:

First, we are excited to officially announce the CLR MKII. It is the result of years of refining our best-in-class (and beyond) CLR loudspeaker to make it play louder and run cooler while maintaining or enhancing its legendary performance characteristics.
Second, we're trimming the line down to just our most popular product, the feather weight, amazing, active CLR NEO.

Third (and this is the crazy part), we're offering a Cyber Monday discount coupon for $400 off, making the CLR NEO the same $999.95 price as the standard, much heavier ferrite magnet model.

This offer is good only while supplies last. These will not last long so:
click here to go to the CLR NEO purchase page and get your's now!
Don't forget to use coupon code 'CLRCYBER' at checkout for the discount.
Orders are shipped in the order they are received and within 3 business days via UPS ground. We do not ship to PO Box addresses.

Thank you!
Best,

Tom King
CEO/Founder
Atomic Amplifiers
www.atomicamps.com

DF400

I waited 6 months for restock of the CLR and received the offer by email for the Atomic CLR NEO MK IIs. Although I have not heard the new version, I decided to purchase a pair of these. If Atomic's track record holds true, this will prove to be a good deal. They shipped today. I don't have the other versions for comparison, but will share my review of these once I have a chance to spend some time with them.

Elantric

Same here

Look forward to your review

whippinpost91850

Yeah. I'm looking forward to your review as well. I still wish I had ordered one to go with the one I've got

whippinpost91850

Elantric, Have you received your CLR NEO's yet, I'm curious about your thoughts

Elantric

CLR NEO's shipped last friday - not due here until Dec 9

i want to A/B against my $199 Alesis Alpha 12P 's  and see what all the fuss is about.

whippinpost91850

Well I can only say I A/B d them against half a dozen different pa Cabs and these were the most impressive.. They also hold up well with my GR55

Elantric

vablows

I went from the Elx to the CLR and it is not even close.
Once you het that neo you might be using your Kemper a lot more. Elantric.😁

whippinpost91850

I couldn't agree more. I love this combination. I can now set up my Kemper, Gr55, pedalboard, and CLR in less then 10 min( closer to 5) and carry all in in 1 trip if nessesary

Elantric

whippinpost91850

Very cool.  Looking forward to hearing your thoughts

Elantric

UPS is delayed - CLR NEOS wont arrive  until late Friday

whippinpost91850

Same here, UPS delayed and won't deliver until tomorrow. I've been waiting for a custom bag, from Studio Slips, for my pedal board

Elantric

They arrived , won't have time until Sunday to try

whippinpost91850