Elantric

New Positive Grid BIAS RACK amp
https://www.positivegrid.com/bias-rack/
https://www.positivegrid.com/bias-rack/

No mention of FX

Probably need to wait for the 2017 BIAS FX Rack version for any mono FX

Then 2018 for the BIAS FX Stereo Rack version

Panthersn

Received my Bias AMP Rack (non powered) last week, or should I say the first one.   It arrived from Sweetwater with something rattling around in the Chassis, figure I would give it a go anyhow.  Loud high pitched noise is the only thing I could get, returned for a replacement.  I tried to download some patches using the Bias Amp app on my Ipad from the cloud and got and error message "these need to be downloaded via PC or MAC app"  argg........   I downloaded the bias app on PC and tried a bunch of the presets, they for the most part are very good, I would put them on par with my Kemper.  I'm running it direct out to a Rocktron Velocity into a 2x12 cab.  I have paired (tried) it with the Positive grid Bias Distortion pedal.  The distortion pedal has been nothing but problems, multiple factory resets and having nothing but issues.   While Positive Grid software is great, I believe the hardware isn't ready for the road.  Not sure I will be keeping either, waiting for the next Firmware patch to make up my mind.  ???

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: Panthersn on February 23, 2017, 10:30:59 AM
Received my Bias AMP Rack (non powered) last week, or should I say the first one.   It arrived from Sweetwater with something rattling around in the Chassis, figure I would give it a go anyhow.  Loud high pitched noise is the only thing I could get, returned for a replacement.  I tried to download some patches using the Bias Amp app on my Ipad from the cloud and got and error message "these need to be downloaded via PC or MAC app"  argg........   I downloaded the bias app on PC and tried a bunch of the presets, they for the most part are very good, I would put them on par with my Kemper.  I'm running it direct out to a Rocktron Velocity into a 2x12 cab.  I have paired (tried) it with the Positive grid Bias Distortion pedal.  The distortion pedal has been nothing but problems, multiple factory resets and having nothing but issues.   While Positive Grid software is great, I believe the hardware isn't ready for the road.  Not sure I will be keeping either, waiting for the next Firmware patch to make up my mind.  ???

Trade it in for an Axe FX!
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

whippinpost91850

I don't know, It doesn't sound like the hardware is made very well. I love My Kemper

Elantric

Not impressive real world experiences with bulk of their hardware products , which I'm not surprised.

Hope your Luck changes, but a gently used Kemper makes more sense in that product category

whippinpost91850

Panthersn

Quote from: GuitarBuilder on February 23, 2017, 10:34:49 AM
Trade it in for an Axe FX!

I had the AX8 for a while, not enough horsepower in the CPU department, mine kept disabling effects at at 80%.  The axe II Xl was great, just overkill for me, found myself staying on the bassman.  Not sure anything can top that unit.

I just like trying out new gear...  My wife however, no so much!!!

whippinpost91850

Panthersn

Thank God for Sweetwaters return policy  8)!!!!!   The Bias Amp locked up twice during the most inopportune times this past weekend.   Avoid this unit like the plague.  Also Positive grids support is horrible.... Unless you are a major artist I guess.