Started by admin, January 09, 2016, 04:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Brand & Model:  Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL

----
Retest above interface with Apple Ipad Mini and IOS Apps

Brand & Model:  Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL

Computer Type & OS: 2012 Apple iPad Mini 32GB / Apple IOS 6.1.3

Computer Connection method: Apple Lightning USB Camera adapter + powered USB HUB

Driver version: Apple Core Audio IOS

DAW/VSTi/AU/IOS Instrument used:  Jam Up Pro XT, Meteor MultiTrack

Clean audio interface  - Multiple Audio input channels seen i IOS, MIDI I/O Works too - Must use a powered USB HUB !

additional info

I got this info from Rim (one of the programmers) over on the Auria forum. It works perfectly now! I've got output to my headphone amp and can overdub with very low latency (if any). Brilliant work on Auria's part.

It's not as elegant as using the 1818's headphone jack, but it'll do what I need it to do now. I'll be saying goodbye to my laptop and its fan noise for tracking.

Here's his fix:

The iPad will only output from 1&2 on a USB device. The reason why you're not hearing anything out of 1 & 2 is because the 1818 defaults to "volume off" on output 1&2. It's an easy fix -

1. Plug in the 1818 while Auria is running
2. Once you see the USB indicator on top of Auria's screen, turn up your iPad's hardware volume control (located on the side of your iPad). This control adjusts the 1818's 1&2 output volume.
3. This only needs to be done once, as the 1818 will remember this volume setting.

Rim

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=6619.0

For those interested in Auria on iPad -Read this excellent article on using the Presonus 1818VSL with iPAD and Auria
http://www.macprovideo.com/hub/review-2/review-presonus-audiobox-1818-vsl-an-interface-for-ipad-and-mac-musicians

The latest version of Auria now have an output matrix, so all eighteen outputs of the 1818 can be accessed. This is not the case with other audio apps such as GarageBand or the Music app, whose stereo output does not get mirrored across all outputs, and can therefore only be monitored via outputs 1 and 2, and not the headphone jack. Note that at the time of writing it is a requirement that the 1818 is plugged into a powered USB hub, which is then plugged into the iPad via the Camera Connection Kit.

You should also be aware that the features offered by the VSL software are of course not available when working with an iPad. On the plus side, you can also use your iPad to run the free Presonus SL Remote app, with which you can remote control VSL software running on your Mac, over Wi-Fi.