GT-001 assigning footswitch & FS6 question

Started by iamdave, August 21, 2015, 10:20:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iamdave

Hi folks,

I am trying out a boss gt-001. Decent little guy but I wish I could have more than 2 foot-switches. "Buy the GT-100" Yes, but I'm going for a very small footprint. Portability is king! lol!

Question #1. Having trouble with the foot-switch. I've connected a fs6 with a trs cable. When I try something witht he foot switch in CTRL1 and 2 it's all good. But no matter what I try with assigning more things it's not happening. I tried putting nothing in the same fs I was assigning other things to also. I basically just want a volume rise (eq pedal with 8db gain) and a delay to kick on when I solo. The other fs I just want to use to take a clean amp to ch b with more gain. So I can go from clean to some tube gain on one fs and rhythm to solo on the other fs.

Question #2. Is there some way to have boss FS6 stay lit on the fs you press? It lights that you hit it, but wow, it'd be nice if it stayed lit the entire time that effect was on.

Lastly on the fs6, is it chewing battery like a effect pedal the entire time it's plugged in, or only when I press it and the light flashes? I assume it's chewing battery as the power indicator is on. What a drag to have to unplug it all the time. I'm sure I'll forget, get to a gig and ... ahh not working! Do I have batteries handy??? lol!

Thanks for your time,
Dave Byers
http://davebyersmusic.com

Elantric

Read
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13238.0
Most use the following as a reference for User Control Assignments with external pedals

Set the FS-6 or FS-7 switches in Latch Mode allows the LED indicators to report the current status 

GP-10 assign  [toggle] +  FS-6 or FS-7  [Latch] = double latching, pedal requires 2 presses to do one function (effect on/off)
GP-10 assign  [toggle] +  FS-6 or FS-7  [Moment] = press once to toggle effect on/off, pedal led only lights while held down
GP-10 assign  [moment] +  FS-6 or FS-7  [moment] = effect only on while pedal held down, pedal led only on while held down
GP-10 assign  [moment] +  FS-6 or FS-7  [Latch] = press once to toggle effect on/off, pedal led toggles with effect status