GT-10B question

Started by Hey_Joe, August 19, 2015, 09:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey_Joe

I have owned the GT-10B for about 5 years and sadly could never figure out one thing. How do I set a CTL pedal to turn on an effect? I have the factory patch SVT+ 8x10 STACK patch on and it's my go to tone. CTL 2 is set to chorus. I cannot for the life of me figure out where this is set. I want to change it to simply turn the Flanger on/off. I looked at the assigns and all pages seem to be on default; showing OD/DS for all 8 assign pages - nothing assigned, so I don't think it has been assigned.

How do I simply find the way to change the current Chorus to Flanger (1 of the FX choices) to CTL 2 pedal for simple on/off flanger operation?

Very frustrating, read the manual 100 times and bought Tian's GT-10B tutorial vid and scoured this site and Googled as well as the Talk Bass site. It's a shame the old GT-10B site was taken down.

If this question makes sense can someone please help me out here?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

gumtown

There is a setting for "Pedal Functions", this setting is additional to the Assigns.
Not sure where it is found in the GT-10B, it is a group of settings that does Foot Volume, Wah, Pedal Bend, and also CTL1 and CTL2 pedal functions.
In the 10B-FxFloorBoard editor, it is under "Pedal/Wah"

If you set "CTL2 FUNC" from Chorus to FX1, and then set FX1 from Octave to Flanger, and adjust the flanger settings to taste.
You might want to shift the FX1 unit from the front of the signal chain to after the preamp.
Then save the patch.

If you don't already have the GT-10BFxFloorBoard editor, you can get it here
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fxfloorboard/files/GT-10BFxFloorBoard/

and you will also need the GT-10B USB drivers from Boss
http://roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=GT-10B

and set the GT-10B System/global setting for USB driver to 'advanced mode'.
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Hey_Joe

Thank YOU so much Gummy!!!!
I finally got it. I do have the EDITOR and have had it since I got this unit and have the GR-55 Editor as well as I had it for the reg. GT-10 which I thank your genius for developing (contributed through Sourceforge BTW).
I was certainly able to find how to follow your instructions by using the EDITOR as well as found how to do it on the unit [Master/Pedal FX>Pedal FX (just before Assign). It worked and wrote it to the GT-10B.

Thanks Again my friend!,
Mark

Thanks to Steve/Elantric for this web site too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so helpful above and beyond the ridiculous Boss/Roland manuals and all the other helpful info.

bendeg

If you have to do it without Fx Floorboard :

MASTER/PEDAL FX, then select PDL FX (wheel or arrows), hit ENTER, and set the "CTL2 Func" to "Off" in order to make the assignment work because this setting takes precedence over the assignment.

In the assignment, choose the "Target" (the effect you want to be activated with CTL2 pedal), choose "CTL2 PEDAL", and don't forget to activate the assignment with "MASTER/PEDAL FX" button.

And lastly, WRITE it ;-) It will be activated for the current patch only.
Warmoth JBass / Boss GT-10B / Mesa Boogie M6 Carbine