GP-10 - will it do Robin Trower?

Started by roachone, April 20, 2015, 03:42:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roachone

I would love someone to do a Robin Trower patch. Also, a little surprised there are not more hard rock lead patches here. BUT I'm so happy now that I have entered this forum. So far, I'm really loving the GP10. I have a lot to learn but you guys have really helped me a lot. 

Elantric

Very easy - all the tools are there for Day of the Eagle

Marshall COSM amp  and Univibe FX are all there inside - and realize Robin seldom plays with every effect on his pedal board on at once

Here is an older signal chain example
http://worldelectricguitar.ru/musician/Robin_Trower.php

My Frankenstrat  - signed by Robin Trower

Bill Ruppert

I had NO idea he used an Electric Mistress!
I used to wear his records out.

Yea a GP-10 should do it super easy.

MusicOverGear

I don't really know his music, but I know he's very influenced by Jimi Hendrix. I made some Hendrix patches for a cover band a while back and they sounded really legit to me. I use the modern strat model, but if I was going to do like a tribute show or something I'd use a real Strat . the model one is a lot more controlled and recorded sounding, which IMHO you don't want for the Jimi vibe

IMHO the way to go for that stuff for me at least, if I can't tell from just listening  what the gear is, I just look up what they used on the famous recording. Nowadays all that stuff is written down somewhere on the internet. Just plug that into Bosstone studio, and re guitar an exact part thats real clear in the mix and a B them until they are identical.

I mean if you want to nail a sound from a recording. If I wanted to do the Jimi thing, but playing my own voice I would just set up a Univibe,  fuzz face, and a hundred watt Marshall oh yeah in a wha. And just adjust everything by my own ears. I find that when I'm playing as a side man and I do too much to really nail a specific recorded sound, I find that that recorded sound is specific to that mix, and when I go to play with the band the mix is never identical to that recording I listen to. Being a real blue collar work a day guy, my ears are a lot more attuned to what's going to work in a crappy club with bad sound treatment, and that's generally going to work better with a cover band

EDIT: Oh I didn't see Elantric's graphics when I wrote the above last nite. That was the exact type of thing I was thinking of.

FWIW I uploaded all my old Jimi patches that I could find - it was only one of them LOL. It's Manic Depression in the Boss GP-10 Patch Exchange forum.

Edit: Try the GP-10 Hendrix  Manic Depression patch here to get in the ballpark
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=14639.msg104816#msg104816

roachone

Hey thanks guys! Elantric, thanks so much for the layout pic. much appreciated.

VGRando

I echo roachone's request for more hard rock patches. Line 6 has millions for their pods. Would be nice to have 80s and 90s Van Halen and other hard rock/metal artist settings.  I'll work on a 90s VH patch, but I'm sure others can do better.
MIJ F Strat w/GK-2, G LP w/GK-3, Epi Explorer w/FTP, SY-1000, GR-55, GP-10, GR-33

roachone

I have been working on a few, as soon as I feel they are worthy Ill be posting them.  ;D

ainsoph

Quote from: VGRando on May 02, 2015, 05:29:40 AM
I echo roachone's request for more hard rock patches. Line 6 has millions for their pods. Would be nice to have 80s and 90s Van Halen and other hard rock/metal artist settings.  I'll work on a 90s VH patch, but I'm sure others can do better.

Van Halen / Hot for Teacher added to the  Patch Exchange

roachone