Paul Vo Wond

Started by Elantric, January 29, 2015, 08:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GovernorSilver

I do a fair amount of experimental stuff so that latest video was right up my alley.  Very nice!

Headless68

Anyone who didn't get on with the Vo Wond & would like to sell please message me as I would be very interested

Cheers
Headless

GovernorSilver

They say they want people to sign up for the newsletter so they can get a count of how many they should make in the next run.

Ok, I gave in and signed up.

Headless68

me too - I thought it was worth asking just in case though :-)

chrish

Elantric

Wond II Project Supporters
Together we are transforming the Wond II concept into a Wond II Product. We are creating a hand-held "electromagnetic pick" for playing stringed instruments. Join the project and you'll have chances to influence aspects of the Wond II design and features. And when it's done, you'll own your own Wond II.
Thanks to our amazing early subscribers the Wond II Project is off to a strong start with great momentum! If you are already one of the active supporters providing this energy, thank you!
Welcome to the Wond II Project!

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Here is the plan:
We are entering the 5th month of a year-long project.   A few weeks from now we'll be ready to make an initial prototype for Beta and agency testing. A limited number of supporters and collaborators will be chosen to help as Beta Testers. (Maybe 25 or so.)
After the Beta Test any needed revisions will be made. Then the Wond II goes into first production. Under our direction, a chosen set of service companies on the internet will translate the Wond II design database into streaming manufacture of actual Wond II EMpicks™ and will ship them out to customers.
During this month of June, you can come to own a Wond II simply by joining the Wond II Project as a supporter.  Use the PayPal button to support the project and a Wond II belongs to you as soon as it emerges from production.
I'm not currently doing any promotion of the project. I'm just too busy actually working on the design. But you can still join now and save almost 30 bucks! Once it's in regular production, the price will the Wond II will be $199 or more. Get in now for $170 and watch it all happen from the inside!

Fine Print:
Terms and Conditions:
This paid subscription entitles you to participate in the Wond II Project from inception to the successful production of multiple units of the Wond II. Participation includes access to view the project's media and blog and to message the project with your observations and suggestions. Paid subscribers have "joined the project" and are supporters of the Wond II Project, which is funded directly by these paid subscriptions and by Paul Vo's investment as the owner of the Wond II Project.
You may cancel this subscription at any time. However, past payments are not refundable.
Once all subscription payments have been made the subscriber becomes entitled to receive a Wond II from Wond II production. Once the Wond II Project enters the first production phase, the Wond II unit will be shipped to subscribers in the order established by the date of subscription until all subscribers have received their Wond II product. Shipping costs and any sales taxes due will be calculated and invoiced prior to shipping and are not included in the subscription price. (Shipping cost will of course depend on the destination. For the continental USA, shipping will be less than $10.)
The subscriber understands and agrees that the descriptions of the Wond II on the voinventions.com website represent the current vision and intent of the Wond II Project's developer, Paul Vo. The Wond II definition may evolve during the course of development, perhaps due to the suggestions of subscribers, perhaps due to technical opportunities and constraints, and perhaps due to cost. The Wond II is targeted to sell for a $199 market price. With the help of your support and feedback, Paul Vo pledges to drive and guide the Wond II Project towards creating an appealing, compelling and useful product for musicians that will sell successfully and profitably in the marketplace.
Paul Vo has completed and shipped two successful Kickstarters in the past, meeting all obligations to backers. These were similar campaigns in that the creation of the products eventually received by the Kickstarter backers was funded by the Kickstarter campaigns, which were essentially pre-sales not very different from the Wond II Project. The Wond II Project started at an earlier point in development than Kickstarter projects do. Every effort will be made to complete this project within the 2017 calendar year through to shipping. However, this cannot be guaranteed. The subscriber will have the opportunity to see and understand any events, such as extended component delivery or production lead times, etc. which may influence the completion date. Paul Vo is very motivated to complete the Wond II through to production during 2017.
Through your participation in the project you'll see and experience how the Wond II is developed from idea to reality. This is a vehicle for exploring some interesting things, and at the end you'll have your own Wond II. Then: queue the music!
– Paul Vo

http://voinventions.com/join-wond2-project/

chrish

Also this from his website which describes some of the concepts behind the new Wond II. Particularly interesting is it's use of recorded samples to influence the string harmonics.

"Concepts
This is a concept drawing of the Wond II. Amazing new features are now possible:
For example, microphone 134 (see drawing) will record a sound – any pitched sound. Imagine this: You press a button and record a sample of your own voice. The Wond II will drive the string's harmonics to follow your recorded sample. It's making your string act like an acoustic vocoder. And as you work the Wond closer to your pickups, you hear a re-synthesized sample note in unison with your electric guitar tone. This one feature turns the Wond II into a hand-held monophonic synthesizer / string-vocoder that perfectly tracks whichever string you apply it to.
Display 115 and selection buttons 117 will let you select from and manage these recordings. We'll store several at once in the Wond II. We can all review the options for bidirectional data interconnection. Wireless and USB are two possible choices. What do you think? As a supporter your feedback will help guide such decisions."

http://voinventions.com/wond-ii-project/

Synth Nicolas

Yes I love the Wond. I have pre ordered a Wond II and therefor I will sell my Wond (the first one). Let me know when you are interested and make me an offer.
gitaarles en basgitaarles in Weert
www.gitaarschoolweert.nl

vanceg

I had a lovely lunch meeting in Asheville yesterday with Paul Vo.  We discussed the Wond II which has advanced into a device which will be known as the EMpick.  This thing seems particularly interesting!  I have the Wond, and enjoy it a lot.  The EMpick looks like it's going to be a much more advanced device... it looks like it will really perform 'synth like' harmonic control of the strings.  Much more than a just a string sustainer.   There's definitely some development to be done yet, but I'm really excited to see this move forward!

http://voinventions.com/wond-ii-project-blog/

Headless68

I have gone in for the Wond II also having missed version I  - excited to see what this can do :-)

Headless68

Anyone interested in this ......
The Wond II now officially named 'EM Pick'  is 16 months into development, the boards, firmware and now the outer casing are just at the point of beta testing.
If you are not already on the list for pre-order (still with discount available at the moment) now might be a good time to jump in.

check www.voinventions.com for all the details

Headless

Smash

You have too much money!!

Headless68

......not any more :-)

chrish

Quote from: Headless68 on June 18, 2018, 12:56:24 AM
Anyone interested in this ......
The Wond II now officially named 'EM Pick'  is 16 months into development, the boards, firmware and now the outer casing are just at the point of beta testing.
If you are not already on the list for pre-order (still with discount available at the moment) now might be a good time to jump in.

check www.voinventions.com for all the details

Headless
thanks for the heads up on this.  For those of us who still have a VG 99  ;D, it'll be nice to test it out and see how the synth patches respond.

No  need to leave the cash to the nieces and nephews. Spend it! ;)

carlb

Can't get to the webpage (probably a "secure-only" web filter at work).

Is there a go-fund-me or such that I could look at toward this? This seems like quite an interesting idea to get a new classification of effects.
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

GuitarBuilder

Quote from: carlb on June 18, 2018, 10:47:38 AM
Can't get to the webpage (probably a "secure-only" web filter at work).

Is there a go-fund-me or such that I could look at toward this? This seems like quite an interesting idea to get a new classification of effects.

The site works fine for me - try again!
"There's no-one left alive, it must be a draw"  Peter Gabriel 1973

vanceg

Quote from: chrish on June 18, 2018, 10:13:01 AM
thanks for the heads up on this.  For those of us who still have a VG 99  ;D, it'll be nice to test it out and see how the synth patches respond.

No  need to leave the cash to the nieces and nephews. Spend it! ;)

I should be receiving one of the first few of these and can report back how it works with the VG-99, for sure.   I suspect, though, that it's going to be MOST intersting when using non synth sounds (signal processing only).