JTV -Duncan P-Rails (version 2)

Started by blueman, May 04, 2014, 05:38:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blueman

This time, instead of the LP body, I used the "Neutral Body"; you end up with more mid-range and a darker sound. Very interesting combination  8)

Seymour Duncan P-Rails configuration (P90 + Single Coil) on "Neutral Body". There are two banks to cover all possible combinations (parallel vs. series, combined vs. single).

Reacts very differently to different amp models; adjust to taste :)

blueman

I created a hybrid bank, using presets from both banks. These are what I found to be the best and most usable presets.

RyteTone

Thanks so much, I tried those patches last night at band practice and those are some hot settings, I've never been able to get the guitar to feedback so easily while holding notes (without standing right in front of the amp).  Was great for the song Radar Love.  Very punchy tone.

blueman

Excellent! Glad to hear the feedback :) You can experiment a lot with this configuration by changing pot values, pickup positioning, series/parallel configurations, etc.

hexrune

I'm having a blast with this bank, sir.  Thank you!

mrgroovy

I'm using your Duncan P-Rails BP setting with my Variax Standard running into Amplitube 4.  I have the Fender 57 Champ with a Trex Mudhoney and Trex Replica in front of it.  This patch is making the Amplitube setup absolutely GROWL!  Most fun I've had with my pants on!!!  LOL!