Yamaha FC-7 Expression - Re-centering expression pedal?

Started by mos6507, February 05, 2008, 01:28:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mos6507

Has anyone tried a Yamaha FC-7 with the VG-99?  It has an spring you can put in it so that it automatically pops back to neutral, right?  I was looking for an expression pedal like that as a smoother alternative to the regular expression pedals for virtual whammy and b-bender duty.

Michael Dolan Doubleneck
Les Paul Custom

VG-99
FTP

dead_lizard

Interesting. Makes me want to rig up some springs on the left FC300 pedal.

I already loosened the action on it with some allen keys. It just felt wrong to have a wah as stiff as that.

chipstar

Dude,
Great idea. The expression pedals on the FC300 are too damn tight.

thanks,
Chipstar

drbill

I'd like to have an expression pedal that would re-center itself when I let go of it -- like the wheels on a keyboard do. Anyone seen something like this?
GP-10, KPA
BM i2.13p, '76 Les Paul Deluxe w/GK-3, MiM RRS, Ibanez RG420GK, Charvel strat copy w/GK-2a, FTP

vanceg

The Electro Harmonix Next Step expression pedal returns to a middle position when you take your foot off of it.   Ideal for Whammy control on the VG-99 ;-)

mbenigni

Quote from:  vanceg on September 21, 2014, 01:39:56 PM
The Electro Harmonix Next Step expression pedal returns to a middle position when you take your foot off of it.   Ideal for Whammy control on the VG-99 ;-)

Actually, it returns to the toe down position, which is a little bit restrictive.  Cool pedal otherwise.

vanceg

Quote from:  mbenigni on September 22, 2014, 07:05:19 AM
Actually, it returns to the toe down position, which is a little bit restrictive.  Cool pedal otherwise.

You are absolutely correct. I was wrong in believing that I could set the Calibration so that it would return to more of a "centered" position.  I now use the SoftStep's Pressure Sensitive Buttons for pedal work where I want to return to a center position when I release.

Elantric

Some older Yamaha FC-7 Expression pedals had a spring return with center position 

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Yamaha-FC7-Volume-Pedal-100087438-i1124543.gc
The Yamaha FC7 Volume Pedal is a heavy-duty volume controller with fortissimo function which lets you accent certain parts of a performance. Adjustable pedal angle, spring point adjustment, and a metal connection plate for multiple-pedal ganging add unique capabilities for various playing styles and setups.

Yamaha FC7 Volume Pedal Features:
Heavy-duty construction
Fortissimo function
Adjustable pedal angle
Spring point adjustment
Metal connection plate for multiple-pedal ganging
5' cable
Single 1/4" TRS plug

Spring center spot  adjustment on bottom

But will require an electronic mod ( Pot Swap to 10K Linear) ) to make it electrically a "clone" of the  Roland EV-5  - which is the type required for VG-99 / FC300 / GP-10 use

whippinpost91850

I have at least 6 of these in my basament, We use to sell the s**t out of these. Great pedal

vanceg

The FC-7 is a good solution once you put the 10K pot in it.  Right now I'm having a company called Aescher build me a self-centering volume pedal with USB MIDI output specifically for Pitch Bend control of the VG-99. I will report back here how well it works.