VG-99 on Windows 8

Started by Bonasa, September 22, 2012, 02:34:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonasa

Hi

for some time already I was trying to find a way to install the Windows 7 VG-99 driver on the Windows 8 - nothing seemed to work (and no Win8 driver available yet).

Yet there is a solution, and a very simple one - I have discovered it here on this forum in the GR-55 section.

So for those who may still be seeking - the solution is here (only minor tweak is required).

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=6895.msg47936#msg47936

Best regards and thanks again to zjerry, who posted it.

Bill Ruppert

Great!
Thank you.
I have 8 in my future I am sure.
Bill

aliensporebomb

I spent about an hour at a friends playing with the 8 beta last night.

I foresee a lot of confused and angry people if you like the "start" menu since it no longer exists.
They figure that most of us pin things to the Win7 taskbar (yes but you need to find those apps to pin them to the taskbar!).
It's not a problem for a techy guy like me but for a non-techy used to using Win95/98/NT/ME/XP/Vista/7 it's going to take adjustment.
There is a new way to find the apps, control panel, etc.

It's a big paradigm shift away from what you've known as Windows in the past. 
It's obviously geared to tablets but using it to run a desktop operating system is going to be interesting for some and nightmarish for others.

This particular beta, I believe, needs a lot of work.  Maybe current betas are better.  It's got some good ideas though and it would be neat of some of the
rough edges could be smoothed.

As far as producing updates, as far as the 99 goes it took them almost 6 months to create a Lion update on the Mac side but 3 months to create a Mountain Lion USB driver so they're speeding up a little.  Maybe they'll be faster on the Windows side.

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.