VG-99 - Upgrade to OSX Lion, vg-99 no longer seen by os

Started by jazzdude, August 06, 2011, 05:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzdude

Anyone else have this problem? After upgrading to 10.7 my vg-99 no longer says "usb connected" on the lcd and when choosing an audio device in any of my audio programs it is not listed. Using the roland preference pane it says the device is not connected. I downgraded back to 10.6 and everything works fine. Anyone have any ideas?

jburns

is anything else not working? what version of 10.6 did you have man? i had 10.6.6 then upgraded to 10.6.8(it was recommended) right before i went to lion and of course restart after that. can't see why it would take the drivers off, might have to reinstall them, but they are working with lion.

Elantric

After upgrading to OSX 10.7 (LION) - most users will have to reinstall the Roland VG-99 USB Drivers.

Myself - I still run OSX 10.5.7 (Old Leopard)  as its the most compatible version with all MY apps.

Your mileage may vary . . . 

Macciza

Hi
Are you using the 10.6 64bit driver?
10.7 wont load 32bit drivers I believe, and the earlier non-10.6 drivers may be such...
Just a thoughtMM
'70s Strat, Brian Moore iM, VG-8, VG-99, FC-300, VL-70m, StringPort, SoftStep, Sentient6, iMac QC i7 27".

jazzdude

Quote from: jburns on August 08, 2011, 11:22:36 AM
is anything else not working? what version of 10.6 did you have man? i had 10.6.6 then upgraded to 10.6.8(it was recommended) right before i went to lion and of course restart after that. can't see why it would take the drivers off, might have to reinstall them, but they are working with lion.

Yep it's 10.6.6. I will update to 10.6.8 and see if that gets it.

Intimo

in Lion and uninstall and reinstall did the trick!

I miss this editor - but it did force me to dig into the controls on the unit a bit more...

Thanks for the help
Pasquale -
IntimoMusic.com
Roland/Boss addict since '79

Macciza

Hi
It looks like there has been a 10.7 VG driver released trhat you may wish to try if you haven't yet . ..
http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.php?ProductId=849
Cheers
MM
'70s Strat, Brian Moore iM, VG-8, VG-99, FC-300, VL-70m, StringPort, SoftStep, Sentient6, iMac QC i7 27".

RolandArthur

When trying to install this driver, the installer will tell you that it is not the right OS.
Is there something in the System software of the VG-99 to modify

Elantric

If you are updating to OSX 10.7 Lion - you must remove the old VG-99 USB driver in install the OSX 10.7 Lion USB Driver here:

http://www.roland.com/support/article/?q=downloads&p=VG-99&id=62151892

VG-99 Driver Ver.1.0.0 for Mac OS X v10.7

This is a driver for using the VG-99 on Mac OS X v10.7.

Products?VG-99

Features

Compatible with Apple's standards of CoreAudio and CoreMIDI
    Universal Binary Driver (32-bit and 64-bit drivers)
    Can customize driver buffer size and managing precise recording and playback latencies

System requirements
This driver has the following requirements.

* Please also check the System requirements for the audio/MIDI application and the operating system you're using.

Operating System
Mac OS X v10.7

Computer
Apple Mac series computer with on-board USB
* Mac computers running Microsoft Windows are not supported.

Caution if using a Mac equipped with a 64-bit processor
On Mac OS X v10.7, software that is 64-bit compatible will run in 64-bit mode.
If your software does not run correctly in 64-bit mode, you may be able to avoid the problem by starting up your software in 32-bit mode as follows.

If your software is running, close it.
    Control-click the icon for your software, and choose "Get Info."
    Under "General," check "Open in 32-bit mode."
    * This setting is not available for software that is not 64-bit compatible.
    Start up your software.