VG-99 - my take on a steel string acoustic

Started by big_jan, December 01, 2008, 06:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

big_jan

Here is a acoustic steel string patch I use this for worship services in Singapore. Previously I had to carry three guitars, now just one. There is no need to switch guitars anymore. Another patch here is a tele with a .8 delay, many Christian songs now use this kind of U2ish sound. Feel free to tweak and let me know. I also switch it to a Lips guitar and more than sufficient for a lot of songs.
exp1 is a gain pedal and ctrl 2 is a tap tempo switch. Enjoy!

big_jan

updated acoustic/nylon mixed patch

sixeight

Thanks for the patches. I also use the VG-99 in church. And often people say the music is too loud. And they see an electric guitar and hear an acoustic tone and somehow...they still say it is too loud. Maybe I should buy a solid body acoustic, stick a GK3 on it, play a virtual LP over a virtual Marshall, and nobody will notice  :)

big_jan

;D same story 10 years back in my church. It takes a while for churches to join the mainstream Christian music scene or movement. Invite more bands to hold Christian music festivals or get together jams of Christian music, make sure your church leaders are there. It will change their thoughts on the way worship music is being used today. But I did do your idea on a virtual LP and Marshall on a acoustic guitar with a GK2a years ago ;) and some drum triggering way before drums were allowed in my church. Lets share some more patches to use for worship as and when we have them.

sixeight

I bought a new Crafter SA-TMVS in my quest for a good acoustic sound, you can see it here: https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,359.msg7526.html#msg7526

Tested it in church today. A real acoustic sound helps a lot. The acoustic models in the VG-99 still sound too rubbery. I found the sound of the Crafter working so much better, even though it still is a little bit thinny. I do get a little feedback on the distortion patches, it is probably the f-holes that don't help. Maybe the Anti-feedback effect will help out, haven't had the time to try that yet.