Confused over Pedal Board sizes..

Started by 2pods, January 03, 2015, 09:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2pods

I'm not sure if I've asked this already but here goes :

Ideally I would like to have my GP-10, it'd psu, a Ditto2 and psu, plus (well, maybe) a Slide Rig plus psu (18v) on a Pedaltrain board (preferably smallest I could).

Would I get all this on/in a Pedaltrain Junior ?

TIA
Fender G5 Strat, PRS SE Santana/w TriplePlay

slooky

You could custom make your  own pedal board. I did mine and put 2 inputs on the side, power bar, wiring and adapters are underneath. Money you  save you could buy and extra pedal.

mchad

I built one up from an Ikea Gorm shelf. It was all the rage a few years ago. Trying to find a case for it has been the hardest part. I was thinking a sturdy padded soft case with shoulder straps (backpack style). 31Wx13Dx5H approx. with pedals mounted. If anyone knows of any type of case like that I'm open to ideas.

Elantric

QuoteTrying to find a case for it has been the hardest part.

The DIY pedal board "trick" -

Step# 1 -  First locate a soft gig bag case approximate size of your desired custom pedal board and buy it.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GK2110?adpos=1o3&creative=55644138841&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQjw0dy4BRCuuL_e5MeqmNABEiQAq8iNIwqDe5RtLKQn3dLGSgORAA7YkBqW_JKdic3nPGhxuPEaAg7x8P8HAQ

Step# 2 -  Measure interior dimensions of case above, then  build a custom pedal board with exact dimensions to fit inside your case.

mchad

Quote from: Elantric on April 20, 2016, 05:45:12 PM
The DIY pedal board "trick" -

Step# 1 -  First locate a soft gig bag case approximate size of your desired custom pedal board and buy it.

Step# 2 -  Measure interior dimensions of case above, then  build a custom pedal board with exact dimensions to fit inside your case.

Too late I'm afraid. I was bedazzled by the power of the Gorm and succumbed. It was fun adapting it and painting it etc. The soft padded case quest continues.

Elantric

I see many pros use something like this to carry their FX pedal board - remove any interior bits you dont need

http://www.originalpenguin.com/bags/29%22-penguin-upright-luggage/053475380566.html?PID=404255&utm_source=affiliates&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_campaign=affiliates
Original Penguin has the Original Penguin 29" Upright Luggage (charcoal or navy) for $150 - 50% off with coupon code OP50EMP [Exp 4/24] + $0 shipping = $75 shipped. Originally $300. The 21" Version is $65 shipped w/ code.

mchad

Quote from: Elantric on April 21, 2016, 11:58:28 AM
I see many pros use something like this to carry their FX pedal board

Nice!
Thanks

BobbyD

BRo...ypou are not the only one. I own 4 pedalboards from pedal train staerting with 18 inch, going to 24 inch, up to 23 inch and finally I got the Nova 42 which is pedestrians  largest board and is a monster.  Right now I have that board below my studio desk but it is quite large to move around for gigs.   .  If there is one area I threw  away money, , this is it. I bought pedals I will never use and just can not seem to get it together with building the correct board. One thing I know with 100% certainty is I will need two separate boards.  One for sitting in on open blues jams with a full band in which case I want to use the smallest board possible with some of the new mini size effect pedals.

The other board will be used for a solo/duet gig and include a looper and pedals like a Helcion box forvocals and acoustic guitar. I wish I new  a pedalboard designer that could do all the work for me because many of today's better pedals are quite large and I do not know enough about pedals as to what size pedal will best fit my needs.   

This is one area that has given me more grief that any other trying to build the right pedalboard.  Love to here what you settled on and what effects made your board.

Good luck bro.