Hi from the Philippines

Started by igo_gonzalez, June 16, 2016, 07:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igo_gonzalez

Hi everyone, I'm Igo from the Philippines.

Just got a GP-10 and really enjoying looking through the threads here and testing out some patches.

I'm using it with a Godin Multiac ACS-SA Slim, and I just installed the GK-3 that came in the box on a Hamer ES-335 copy. I was searching here for some help installing the GK-3 on an ES-335 but couldn't find a thread on it, maybe I just wasn't looking hard enough - nonetheless I was able to put it on rightly and the tracking seems to be good.

Coaxing very interesting sounds out of the GP-10 and looking forward to learning from everyone here!

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group igo_gonzalez!  :)

Elantric

Welcome Igo,

Mounting GK-3 to Es-335 is similar to mounting on Les Paul

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16137.0

Chumly

Hello igo,
How is musical life in the Philippines?
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

igo_gonzalez

Quote from: Elantric on June 17, 2016, 07:56:09 AM
Welcome Igo,

Mounting GK-3 to Es-335 is similar to mounting on Les Paul

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=16137.0

Thanks for pointing that out, Elantric! I'm nowhere near as handy with these tools as most of the guys here are, so i opted to just go with the mounting bracket that came with the GK-3 (that came with the GP-10!). It seems to be tracking just fine, I'm happy so far.

igo_gonzalez

Quote from: Chumly on June 17, 2016, 10:16:54 AM
Hello igo,
How is musical life in the Philippines?

I'm no pro but music here is pretty big. There are definitely lots of good Filipino musicians. I lean towards jazz and the scene here is small, but the guys who do play are very good.

Autana

Quote from: igo_gonzalez on June 20, 2016, 11:29:26 PM
... There are definitely lots of good Filipino musicians. I lean towards jazz and the scene here is small, but the guys who do play are very good.

Welcome Igo,

I made some good friends in the Philippines, good musicians and jazz fusion, and also shred, most of them about 15 years ago when I was a active member on a website called guitarwar.com and I posted  a song called Guitar Tribe, my nickname there was "Jazzpick",  unfortunately my chat files friend references from that time were lost in a hard drive crash.
I hope you have a great time here, VGF is an extraordinary site in every sense.
GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -