Pod HD500/HD500X updates

Started by Elantric, May 22, 2015, 10:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

Elantric

I updated my HD500X to latest firmware 2.62, and applied the three HD Model pack Add ons  ( on sale this weekend only)  - finally the HD500X is usable, the Model Packs made a world of difference for my tastes in tone, and the new global final EQ is very handy.

I also updated my Tyler Variax's to FW 2.21 - jury is still out on this release.

But the new firmware 2.62 for HD500X really improves the Tones, everything sounds less harsh, and smoother now.

--------
POD HD500X v2.61 is a FREE firmware update that includes additional features and optimizations. It is highly recommended that all POD HD500X users perform this update! Please see our Knowledge Base article for a tutorial: http://line6.com/sup...0xhd-pro-x-r730

It is also recommended that you back up your current presets by using POD HD500X Edit to create a preset bundle, allowing you to include installing new presets as part of the update process.

The easiest way to perform the update process is by installing the latest version of Line 6 Monkey. Once you've connected your POD HD500X to your computer via USB port (hubs are not supported), Monkey will recognize the unit and take you through the update process. The Line 6 Monkey application may be downloaded at www.line6.com/software, as well as the latest versions of the License Manager program (needed for installing model packs) and the HD editor program.

What's New?
Global EQ — Global EQ is used for compensating for the wide disparity in acoustic environments on tour or when traveling from studio to studio, and is applied to all setlists and presets. Global EQ features three fully parametric bands plus variable low and high cut filters.

To access Global EQ:
Press and hold the VIEW button to open the Setup Menu.
Using the four-way, cursor right until you see the Global EQ screen.
Turn Knob 1 to select the desired EQ band (Low Cut, Low, Mid, High, High Cut) andturn Knobs 2, 3, and/or 4 to adjust the selected band.
To bypass or enable Global EQ, press ENTER.
Support for optional Model Packs—Firmware 2.61 supports three new Amp/Cab Model Packs:
Metal Pack—includes models based on* modern heavy gain amps like the Peavey® 5150® and a remastered JCM800
Vintage Pack—includes models based on* classics like the Vox® AC30 Fawn and the Orange® OR80
Bass Pack—includes models based on* an Ampeg® SVT and a GK Gallien-Kruger 800RB

Model Packs can be purchased at http://line6.com/shophdmodelpacks.

Variax Presets—Firmware 2.6 adds an additional "VARIAX" setlist of 64 presets, optimized for use with Line 6 Variax guitars. Selecting a preset from this setlist may recall a particular guitar model and tuning in a connected Variax.

Known Issues
Set List Names—If during the update process new presets are optionally loaded to overwrite the previous set, Set List names may not correlate to the new presets appropriately. This is because renaming Set Lists is not a part of the firmware update process. Set List names may be changed in the hardware using a variety of methods:
System Reset—Pressing (and holding down) the four-way navigation pad to the left while powering up will perform a Global Settings reset. This action will reset all settings to their factory default and requires a recalibration of the on-board expression pedal. Instructions for pedal calibration can be found here. Due to the pedal recalibration, it is generally recommended to update the Set List names using the manual method described below.
Manual—Set Lists may be renamed manually by simply highlighting a Set List name and pressing the SAVE button. Use the four encoders beneath the main display and press SAVE to complete.
The presets in firmware v2.61 correlate to the following Set List names, as seen in the main display from left to right, top to bottom:

BEST OF HD
FX HEAVY
SONGS / STYLE
BASS/ACO/VOC
L6LINK DT
VARIAX
USER 1
USER 2

* All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with Line 6. The product names and images are provided for the sole purpose of identifying the specific products that were studied during Line 6's sound model development.

supernicd

Hmm, so you are saying that the firmware update makes improvements to existing amp models?  Or that the new add-on models are more to your liking?
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

Elantric

Everything sounds better, more dynamic range, smoother distortion

supernicd

That's great news.  I'd love to be able to get some use out of my HD500.  I'll be downloading this.
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

Elantric

Elantric

FWIW - Line-6 now has USB Audio ASIO Drivers for Windows 10
http://line6.com/software/index.html