Robben Ford - Tips & Tricks

Started by Elantric, March 28, 2016, 03:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

The Captain meets the legendary Robben Ford.

For more information on Robben Ford click here - http://www.robbenford.com

Elantric

The Seymour Duncan Palladium

and i can verify the latest Custom Shop LP's are fantastic

my 2015 CS8 below:
I have to thank Rick Gembar and the whole Gibson Custom Shop team for this beautiful tone machine.

gvidelock

I just saw Robben play at a small venue (250 seats) in New Hampshire last week! To top off the evening he had Johnny A. sit in on a couple of songs in the middle and the end of the show.

His trio was unbelievable.

He played his Les Paul for the opening of the night and then moved on to his Telecaster. Closed the night with his tribute to B. B. King. A superb performance.

He was playing through his Dumble and Johnny played through a Marshall combo (couldn't see which one though). Had I been thinking more clearly I would have walked up to the stage to check out his floor gear.

-------------------------

Godin Spectrum SA
Godin Freeway SA
Fender Telecaster with Ghost and Hexpander
Fender Stratocaster with internal GK3 with Synth-Linx
Warmoth custom with internal GK3
Boss SY-1000
Roland GR-55
Roland GP-10
Katana 100W Head

whippinpost91850

admin

Straight No Chaser interpreted by Danile John Martin, Ludovic Beier, Philippe Cuillerier, Antonio Licusati and Robben Ford

L.A Session
MI.Hollywood.CA,USA / April 11,1993
Robben Ford - Guitar / Vocal
Michiya Haruhata - Guitar
Roscoe Beck - Bass
Tom Brechtlein - Drums

Tracks

1-Opening
2-Born Under a Bad Sign
3-She Cries / 12 Bar Blues
4-The brother
5-Born To Win
6-Talk with Jeff Berlin and Michael Landau
7-Guitar Junky
8-North Carolina

Elantric

Autana

Great Robben Ford references!!  Thanks.

Monmouth College Fight Song. Robben Ford with Yellow Jackets.

! No longer available

QuotePerhaps one of the greatest live guitar solos ever recorded.

QuoteRobben's phrasing on 'monmouth college fight song', Genius

I include myself in the guitar players group which considers Robben Ford as a quintessence, alongside others who have contributed more than a style, a way to express their own personal hallmark.
Monmouth College Fight Song Robbed Ford guitar solo is for me, one of the brightest and instructive samples of his ability to combine melody, harmony, jazz and blues in one amazing pack!
"This solo captured live in Montreux is Ford as the absolute peak of his blues/jazz hybrid period playing effortlessly over half a dozen changes"

GR-55, GP-10, GI-20, Godin xtSA, GodinNylon MultiAc, Giannini classical, 3 GK-3'd gtrs, Cube 80XL, Primova GKFX-21 (x2)

Fear just pulls you out of being true to music, which is coming from a place of love. Love is the opposite of fear. I stay away from anything fear-related.
- Tal Wilkenfeld -

admin

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/robben-fords-pedalboard-from-last-night.1939731/

Saw Robben Ford last night at the City Winery in NYC. Great show by a fabulous performer. Nice venue too.

After the show, I snapped a couple of shots of his gear. I was particularly interested in his pedals since we already know about his Dumble. Maybe you guys already knew about his pedals too :) but I was curious. Oh, and no wireless - old school - cables.
As near as I can tell the board contains the following:

Polytune
EHX POG
Vertex Boost
TC Electronics HOF Reverb
Strymon Timeline
Zendrive
Dejavibe
Dumble footswitch for boost and gain?

Under the Polytune is his pedalboard I/O, and under the HOF is what I suspect is a Strymon power supply, perhaps the Ojai or Zuma. Under the POG and the Boost??? Maybe just something to act as a riser? I don't really know.

Here is a shot of his amp as well, just because "who doesn't want to see a picture of such a well known Dumble"?