VG-99 - My First VG Recording!

Started by ConstruKction, August 14, 2015, 02:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ConstruKction

About six/seven years ago, when school was easier, there was a boatload of time for sinking countless of hours into computer games.
The Gothic series is still my favorite computer game franchise (however, the developers are now focused on Risen series). The games are rather unpopular, I think, although in Germany and East-European countries, I'm pretty sure known widely. But I digress!

Here is my first cover recording of Kai Rosenkranz, who produced music for the Gothic series. This song is specifically from the third installment.

Soundcloud

The patches are pretty straightforward. The acoustic guitar is a VG-99 Variax, roundback model with emulated piezo pick-up for that Ovation sound I love so much.

The ethereal thing following the melody is aliensporebomb's incredibly amazing "Glassy Organ" patch.

Violin comes from HALion Sonic 2.

GR-300 solo is a bit modified GR-300 Solo factory patch adjusted to my liking. Nothing too drastic, however, I think I should've driven it less because the last part of the solo is played fast on some on the first lower strings, which sound muddy and are nearly inaudible on a buzzy synth patch like this one.

Last but not least, physical tuning is CGDAEG.

--
Oh yes, and with this, I wanted to thank all of you guys! This is the best and most helpful community ever, without your help, I would never be able to even set up that thing correctly! (I'm really darn bad with manuals)

rolandvg99

To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

joaobraga