Martin HD28 + VG99 - "I can't make you love me"

Started by Smash, February 08, 2015, 05:29:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smash

Really a test of the GK3 install on my Martin but this piece works really well with a tweeked version of Aliensporebomb's POD Ethereal patch.

Precision bass on low E&A and synth pad across all 6 strings. Zoom H4 captured the Martin's live sound.

sixeight

I really enjoyed that. Great sound and great chord voicings.

Vade

Great warmth and depth with that combination. Good job.
Drachen; Fender FTP Strat w/internal GK-3, Godin xtSA w/FTP, Boss GP-10, VoiceLive 3, Scarlett 18i8, ZBox IQ01, On-Lap 1502i, D:fine 4088, 4E Dual Axis Exp Pedal, VoiceSolo FX-150, Yamaha DXR 10, Gem. M2 Flute, Special 20 Harmonicas. Fender Deluxe Reverb Mahogany Cane.

https://soundcloud.com/vadie

supernicd

Very lush!  Great job!  Wish I had chops like yours. :)
Strat w/ GK-3, Godin LGXT
VG-99, GR-55, GP-10
---------------------------------------------------------------

Smash

Really appreciate your comments guys :D

You really can just lose yourself with this combination when you sit and play. Todd (Mr Sporebomb) did such a great job with the synth pad - I know he didn't envisage it being used with an acoustic but it really does seem to fit like a glove and it's very forgiving.

My fingers are actually hurting from playing so much with this but I guess it's a good thing when a sound inspires you

whippinpost91850

Man I wish I could play like you. Really great playing and chord voicing. Thanks

Headless68

you know something is good when the hair on your neck and arms stands up .....the whole way through
Class

alexmcginness

Good stuff. I like the acoustic sound. Those Zoom recorders are the best bang for the buck out there. Ive got an old H2 and an R-16. The R-16s built in mics are freaking amazing. I have a Neuman U-87 as well and often use the Zoom mics for recording stuff over the Neuman as the stereo mics in the R-16 just do the job so well.
   I like the tune and the playing is top class. Nice job.
VG-88V2, GR-50, GR-55, 4 X VG-99s,2 X FC-300,  2 X GP-10 AXON AX 100 MKII, FISHMAN TRIPLE PLAY,MIDX-10, MIDX-20, AVID 11 RACK, BEHRINGER FCB 1010, LIVID GUITAR WING, ROLAND US-20, 3 X GUYATONE TO-2. MARSHALL BLUESBREAKER, SERBIAN ELIMINATOR AMP. GR-33.

Smash

Really appreciate you guys taking time to comment - thanks man

Headless68

just listened to this again as it popped to the top of the unread posts list -
damn, made my hair stand on end again - this really is entrancing

slooky