VG-99 - Get Busy With the DBeam

Started by TygermanGB, February 24, 2011, 10:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TygermanGB

I have developed a set of drone tones I use to provide a kind of lose accompaniment to my guitar sounds using the DBeam. The patches are best when you keep the neck or your hand moving in the DBeam. To get the best effect from these drone tones I use a guitar voice from my v8 but a "real" guitar would do the trick. I don't plug my guitars into the GK but it should work.
The rub is that the DBeam is in the effects chain after all of the other patch effects. I use an echo pedal or a VST on the vg-99 but not on the guitar so I can add the echo effect after the DBeam.  I've also got a few patches with the guitar split on the left and the drone on an echo on the left side. The DBeam is then set to the drone channel only.
The sound samples start with the echo and guitar. I then drop the guitar and then the echo so you can hear the patch its self. I have a lot of fun with these and hope some of you can do the same.
-Ty
Parker Guitars - VG-99, VG-8ex, GR-55, GP-10, US-20 and Bidule/Mobious/Jamstix NI for soft synths