Just a piece I did using all the effectors I had together...

Started by aliensporebomb, August 18, 2014, 08:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aliensporebomb

My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

Kevin M

Great!  'Lo-tech'!  :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DreamTheory

I like it , I do. You could of course do that sort of thing in GR-55. This is cool because it is clean, not a lot of white noise. Interesting choice of harmonies.
electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008

aliensporebomb

Actually I do a lot of that sort of thing in the VG-99.   Adding the extra FX just makes things more swimmy sounding. 

Smash

I said it on soundcloud, I'll say it again - awesome sound!

papabuss

Dito!
Means: same opinion. ;)

Great patch/sound,  Todd!
Is it already posted 'onboard'?
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

shawnb

Always love your stuff, ASB!

I had your SoundCloud playing while I gathered & organized all my tax materials this year to keep my brain from exploding in frustration & fury.   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

aliensporebomb

The patches are indeed here but a lot of them are earlier revisions of them.  I'll sit and mess with them and update the versions once in a while - most of the changes are pretty subtle..  Some of these are layered multiply too just due to the nature of looping creating timbres I never would have imagined. 

Smash

Todd - not sure if you have put this up already so apologies if so, but I'd be interested to see your live chain/routing.

I find the ambient thing fascinating  - I can't "do it", there's a definite art to chordal voicings and the way they're built up that's for sure - but often wonder about where volume pedals sit, where the looper sits etc

DreamTheory

Quote from: Smash on February 17, 2015, 01:32:26 AM

I find the ambient thing fascinating  - I can't "do it", there's a definite art to chordal voicings and the way they're built up that's for sure - but often wonder about where volume pedals sit, where the looper sits etc

I believe submitted a patch called "Cave Troll" on the patch exchange that, if you look at it may give you some ambient type suggestions. That one has some white noise to it. Basic idea is slow attack PCMs and long delay time. But perhaps you mean harmonically. Try stacking 4th intervals. Give a listen to Allan Holdsworth's "iou" album, and hear him talk about chord voicings at:

electric: Epiphone Dot semihollow body, acoustic: mahogany jumbo, recording: Cubase Artist 11 or Tascam DP008