Katana acoustic + sim

Started by IanRamos, August 13, 2017, 11:05:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanRamos

Hiya !

Im thinking about getting a Katana 100 , as it has amazing reviews and it seems to have all the sounds i need for my gigs ...

I have a few questions though , one of them being :

As it features a "acoustic" mode AND a acoustic simulator effect , could i use those two at the same time with an electric guitar to get a REALLY good acoustic sound with my axe ?

I don't expect it to be on the Variax league , but who knows ... did anybody tried this ?

On a side note , for those who own both , how does the Katana compares to a Kemper or similar ?

Thanks in advance !

whippinpost91850

Katana sounds great, But to be honest not in the same balgame as my KEMPER, thats why my KAtana is for sale

sikejsudjek

Yes the acoustic simulator into the flat response of the acoustic setting works well. I add a resonator fx.

bgnz

Quote from: whippinpost91850 on August 13, 2017, 04:17:50 PM
Katana sounds great, But to be honest not in the same balgame as my KEMPER, thats why my KAtana is for sale

For the price point, its never going to be in the same ballpark.  However, I can afford to have a backup Katana if I need one, or if I'm playing in another city and the Katana fails at sound check, I can just go out and buy another - for less than the price of a boutique pedal. 

The plus point is, I don't need to fanny around either - I can just plug the guitar into the katana and get great gig ready tones, like a real amp, without having to load up software :) 

So there you go - neither of us answered the actual question :)