FTP + iconnectivity midi 4 + external synth + pitch bend issue

Started by fusion99, August 09, 2017, 02:37:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fusion99

Hi guys.
I've just bought the iconnectivity midi 4 + in order to use the FTP to control external synth (kurzweil racks). I have this problem. The iconnectivity is control by a Digitech midi control , in order to change the patches on the external synth. I would like to have pitch bend set to 0 , always. I prepared the FTP in harware mode (first patch) in order to have trigger option. First question , it's said "Power Switch On while D-Pad UP Button is engaged", it means with the software on and the USB FTP key already powered up or not because, if I power up the  Tripleplay controller on the guitar it keeps on lighting but the usb receiver does not recognize it.
SEcond question: when I want to change the patches on the external synth (I'm actually using piano and Rhodes tones) often  the pitch bend keeps wotking and it does not have the 0 settings I'd like (which is a real problem). The question is: do I have to fit the Fishman pitch bend trigger or do I have to configure the iconnectivity in order not to have any longer the pitch bend?
I had the same trouble with the gr33 (controlled by FTP + Iconnectivity)
Thanks   

CodeSmart

Have you checked if there's a firmware update for your iConnectivity product?

That could be the problem.
But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

shawnb

First question:   Yes, HW mode is what you get powering up while pressing the up key - but only if you do NOT have the app running. 

For more on the different modes, read this:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13653.0

Second question:  You should be able to find a way to stay in trigger mode.   Changing synth patches should not change what your ftp xmits.

If you want to stay in trigger mode all the time, for pianos/keys, my suggestion is to use Basic mode, which allows you to  switch in and out of trig mode using the back & enter keys.

Again, follow the link above to learn about the different modes and how to use them.   

Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

fusion99

Problem solved. Thanks a lot Shawn. Useful suggestions!!! Have a nice day guys!!!