Author Topic: Boss MS-3 MULTI EFFECTS SWITCHER  (Read 1384 times)

chappi and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Elantric

Re: Boss MS-3 MULTI EFFECTS SWITCHER
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2017, 04:54:57 PM »
Hi!

This seems to be a great product!
But...
I don't know if I got this right. But do you have press ctrl 1 and 2 at the same time  for bank down and ctrl 3 and 4 for bank up?

I'm asking because I have trouble with pressing ctrl 1 and 2 for tuner on my GP-10

You could use an external 2 button foot switch ( Boss FS-7) for Bank Up / Bank Down  - using the MS-3 Control Assignments for External CTL1/CTL2
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 04:56:38 PM by Elantric »

Offline Peter the GR-eat...

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2017, 06:13:02 PM »
Ok! Thanks for the quick response!

Offline Elantric

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2017, 07:46:19 PM »
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=https://gear-otaku.blogspot.com/2017/06/nux-cerberus-multi-effects.html&prev=search

BOSS MS-3 Multi Effects Switcher became out of stock as soon as it got a great deal of attention with the announcement and it was released.
I found that both the official videos of MS-3 and the two pedal boards used in the product page are custom-made items for European manufacturers.

The base board is produced by Custom Pedal Boards in Wales, England. Sometimes it is the official supplier of GigRig based in the same British, I am using GigRig products for power supply.

https://www.custompedalboards.co.uk/

Schmidt Array of Germany produced the board for guitar. Based on the company's SA450 model, we customize color and wah space.
https://www.schmidtarray.com/product-page/sa450

---SA450
•  450 mm wide two level pedalboard
•  the upper deck is mounted on locking hinges, so it remains in the vertical position when opened and has ball latches underneath to lock it in the closed position when down
•  the angle of the upper deck is ergonomically designed for foot switching comfort
•  the upper deck leg supports are re-positionable to the left and right to ensure that no cable path is ever obstructed
•  the inner area also has space for power supplies and pedals
•  the bottom deck lifts out completely (and locks back into place) for easy cabling
•  both decks and the inside floor are finished with high quality Velcro
•  the side panels are finished with rubber to grip the stage and also to act as protection and Lid location
•  IEC power socket (male outside/female inside)
•  Supplied with flexible LED light, USB re-chargeable power pack and pedal Velcro

Important notes:
•  the decks are at any time replaceable, so if your board has no Wah, Volume or Expression pedal cut-out then it's no problem in the future for us to supply you with a replacement deck that you can fit yourself to suit a new configuration
•  the same goes for the Wah / Volume / Expression pedal extension on the lower deck, this is also movable and replaceable
•  there is an optional 6 channel STEREO Connection Box for GUITAR IN - AMP OUT - EFFECTS LOOP IN / OUT and FOOTSWITCHES (see OPTIONS page for more details)
•  stock colour is Black but if you want something special then please choose a RAL colour from the chart on this product page and contact us, rices for custom colours range from €75-€100.

*all prices are +Tax (in EU countries) and shipping costs.

** DON'T WANT TO USE THE SHOP? THEN JUST DROP US A LINE USING THE CONTACT PAGE AND WE'LL BE HAPPY TO GET BACK TO YOU.
Specs

• Outside - W 480 x D 375 x H 138
• Lower deck - W 450 x D 165
• Upper deck - W 446 x D 185
• Inside - W 450 x D 144
• Height inside - rear 80, front 65
• Gap between upper and lower deck - 37
• Weight - 4,7 kg

*all dimensions in millimetres

https://www.schmidtarray.com/product-page/sa450
https://www.facebook.com/schmidtarray/?ref=py_c
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 08:07:45 PM by Elantric »

Offline jwhitcomb3

« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2017, 11:16:31 AM »
But do you have press ctrl 1 and 2 at the same time  for bank down and ctrl 3 and 4 for bank up?

I'm asking because I have trouble with pressing ctrl 1 and 2 for tuner on my GP-10
That is the default setting, yes. However, the bank up/down functions may be assigned to an external controller (and the 1+2 and 3+4 functions may be disabled).

« Reply #29 on: June 28, 2017, 12:14:07 PM »
That is the default setting, yes. However, the bank up/down functions may be assigned to an external controller (and the 1+2 and 3+4 functions may be disabled).

Ok great! Thanks for clarifying.

Offline Sevenmodes

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2017, 10:50:54 PM »
BIG DISCOVERY tonight (for me anyway)!!!

The MS-3 has Global tap tempo capability... something that is painfully missing in my GT-100. I have had to run a FS-5U through a MIDI converter into the GT to set the BPM through a clock and the results are unpredictable sometimes.

No more with the MS-3! I found under "Menu" -> "Pref" you can assign BPM to be PATCH or SYSTEM (along with all other CTL and assigns). The GT allows you to set numerous parameters to SYSTEM in the preferences, but not BPM. Nice job BOSS!

So now I have my FS-5U running into CTL 1/2 jack on CTL 1 controlling Global tap tempo... no more re-tapping between Patch changes (verse to chorus and back).

Also, regarding Bank switching, I have mine set up like Elantric shows... except I have an FS-6 running into CTL 3/4.

A couple of notes:

You have to set your CTLs (for Bank +/- ... 1/2 or 3/4) to SYSTEM under the Preferences (so it will work on every Patch). Otherwise it will only work in the Patch you set it up on. Note: Set the CTLs to SYSTEM in PREFS, edit the CTLs once in a Patch, Write, and it will copy to all Patches.

If you use an FS-6, you have to make sure you have your TOGGLE/MOMENT/LATCH settings correctly or the Banks will continuously cycle. Mine seems to work with A/B switches on the FS-6 set to MOMENTARY and the MS-3 CTL settings on TOGGLE.

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2017, 03:11:13 PM »
Thanks thats good to now!
I WANT THIS THING!!!
They still haven’t got it in my music store.. ARGH!

Offline Jim Williams

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2017, 05:57:20 AM »
Don't think of it as another GT multi effects board it is a loop pedal switcher with the pedals built in and 3 external loops you can put your own favorite pedals in. on the front of the board there 4 foot switched you can select patches and in the other mode you can have them turn things on and off. by it self in preset mode you can step on 1 and 2 to bank up or 3 and 4 to bank down. it will except a midi controller or you can get a Boss FS-7 for bank up and down. you can also use the FS-7 as 2 control switches and and plug in a expression pedal. you have complete control over how you set it up with your pedal board. Keep in mind there is no amp and cab modeling it is just effects. It was built for the guys with tube amps that need more control over their pedal boards.
Guitars;
Les Paul (with a Graphtech Ghost System)
Jackson DKMG
Charvell electric acoustic
(all are GK equpit)
VG-99
GR-55 and a pair of TECH 21 Power engine 60's

Offline jwhitcomb3

« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2017, 06:37:49 AM »
It was built for the guys with tube amps that need more control over their pedal boards.
Seems to work okay with solid state amps too.  :D

While the loops are certainly nice to have (although limited since individual loops can't be re-ordered), it works great as a stand-alone fly rig. So far I am very, very pleased. I'm looking forward to the release of the editor/librarian software.

Blog