GR-55-Crossfading between PCM &normal guitar+modelled guitar glitch w/PCM tone

Started by philjynx, May 27, 2017, 09:11:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philjynx

shawnb

Assigns are a pain, because everything that is going on is hidden & internal within the GR-55, making it difficult to debug. 

Assigns responding to a CC are normally quite smooth.  I think what you are aiming for here is very doable. 

What I think the issue is is that you have more assigns &/or control settings out there & they're stepping on each other...   They are hidden in multiple places throughout the GR-55's menu system. 

Audit ALL of them, either using the GR-55 Floorboard or by painstakingly checking all the menus.   Make sure you have nothing else happening with your exp or CCs that may conflict.

Menus to check include:
  -  System | Pedal/GK Ctl for system level control assignments
  -  Master | Pedak/GK ctl for patch level control assignments
  -  Master | Assign for patch level assignments

I bet you'll find a conflict in there somewhere...   
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb

Interesting...

Sometimes the pcm tones don't cooperate.  Find a substitute if you can, like warming up a trumpet with a filter, etc.
Address the process rather than the outcome.  Then, the outcome becomes more likely.   - Fripp

shawnb

The '55 has mastered both ends of the love-hate spectrum...

whippinpost91850

shawnb

First post he says it sends MIDI cc68, so it must output CC data. The GR-55 does respond to most midi data- just not notes. 

We have a thread on these unicorns over here:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=14679.0