Katana - Can "Panel" settings be edited and saved?

Started by Petros_k, April 07, 2017, 10:20:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petros_k

Hi fellow Katana fans!

Unless I'm wrong, it appears you can't edit the Effects available on the "panel" setting --for example, the amount of feedback you get when you use the delay. The only available way to alter this using Boss Tone Studio seems to be to assign a setting for delay to channels 1 - 4, which means you don't have the flexibility of having a delay on the panel setting that has very low feedback (one or two echoes) and then you can change tone controls on the fly. Am I correct?

vtgearhead

Quote from: Petros_k on April 07, 2017, 10:20:03 AM
Hi fellow Katana fans!

Unless I'm wrong, it appears you can't edit the Effects available on the "panel" setting --for example, the amount of feedback you get when you use the delay. The only available way to alter this using Boss Tone Studio seems to be to assign a setting for delay to channels 1 - 4, which means you don't have the flexibility of having a delay on the panel setting that has very low feedback (one or two echoes) and then you can change tone controls on the fly. Am I correct?

Unfortunately, all reverb, delay and boost models share the same logical slots for their parms.  Mod and Fx are different.  There all classes of effect have distinct address ranges, but models within a class do share controls.  In other words, if you set limits on a Cry Wah they apply equally to a Vox Wah or any of the others.

Petros_k

The post above doesn't exactly address what I was talking about.

I am happy to report that I was 100% wrong in an important way. If you do something like assign delay to channel 1 and alter the feedback setting through Boss Tone Studio, when the amp is on channel 1 you get the delay setting that was saved, Plus, (and I didn't realize this) if you want to add reverb or change EQ on the fly you can do it and the amp responds just like you're on the panel setting but while retaining the delay setting that was saved.

I guess I need to keep experimenting with this. I thought if you save settings for Channel 1, when the amp is on Channel 1 all you can do is go with the saved settings until you change it with the Boss Tone Studio. You can actually change settings as needed in the moment, but those changes just won't be saved to a Channel unless you do so.

Petros_k

I should have said too that if you have a setting stored for a channel, and while listening you make a change to the knobs on the amp that involves the Equilizer section or adding an Effect, if you like what you hear you don't need to hook the amp up to a computer and go back into Boss Tone Studio to save the setting. Just press and hold the channel button for a second and the changes you made will be saved to that channel.