Hello Jason here from New York, new to the forum

Started by scrutinizer, January 04, 2017, 06:31:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scrutinizer

Hello everyone,

Purchased my GR 55 in March of 2015 and registered shortly before or after on this forum and am just now getting some time to dedicate myself to learning how to dive into it.  Sucks getting old and not having time to spend with the toys we get.  Although, my wife and I sold our home in April, moved within 10 minutes from our jobs and slowly but surely time is becoming more abundant.  I just downloaded the floorboard editor to make things a lot easier as it looks to be a Godsend.  Thanks gumtown!!!   ;D

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the beginning of 2017!  Hope it's a good one

Jason
Life would be a whole lot more fun if I had more money!

gumbo

Hi Jason, and welcome to the Forum.
I too, hope that 2017 will generate a little more available time!  (I know about this 'getting old' stuff! )
Greetings from South Australia, where it will be 40C tomorrow...  8)
Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

mooncaine

Welcome!

About not having time for toys: I feel ya. But I am about to get snowed in for a day with nought to do but play with my guitar toys. Just picked up some extra batteries on the way home. I got half the day off today, too!

Hey, is over $7.50 too much to pay for 2 9-volt batteries? I saw that price and said, no thanks, but it's been a while since I've bought one. I wanted to fire up some old pedals.

gumbo

Quote from: mooncaine on January 06, 2017, 12:27:49 PM
Welcome!

About not having time for toys: I feel ya. But I am about to get snowed in for a day with nought to do but play with my guitar toys. Just picked up some extra batteries on the way home. I got half the day off today, too!

Hey, is over $7.50 too much to pay for 2 9-volt batteries? I saw that price and said, no thanks, but it's been a while since I've bought one. I wanted to fire up some old pedals.

...Energiser Max 9 volt 2-pack...$12.20 Oz bucks....   maybe you weren't doing too bad after all!   ::)

Elantric

gumbo

Ha!  Maybe it's time I started swapping Synth-Linx Jacks for 9-volt batteries..     ::)

...sorry we hijacked your thread, Jason!   ;)

whippinpost91850

I buy them at Costco on sale. and pay about a $1.10 each in packs of 12. Sometimes less

scrutinizer

Not sure how to do quotes on forums as I have never been a part of a forum.  Hope I did it right by copying and pasting...
...sorry we hijacked your thread, Jason!   ;)

Report to moderator    Logged

Ha!  Batteries!  Way too expensive these days.  :(  I try to stay away from buying them all together and use ac when I can.  No problems in hijacking post...love reading the responses.  I am going to go the way of rechargeables I think for the just in case situations.  Have been playing with the GR55 and decided that I want to learn the hardware before diving into the floorboard editor.  Fun programming this thing...it's crazy how much can be manipulated here.  I am finding that the conflicts between the controlling properties of this machine are best dealt with by (first) accepting that this is a necessary evil to have at our disposal the enormous functionality this device presents to the user, and then by, second, exploring or investigating where the actual conflict/s exist to remedy a given issue/s.  Pretty cool little device!  :D  Thanks for all the responses everyone...and when I get more familiar with this thing I will try to share.  Be safe and enjoy the toys!

Jason

gumbo

Hi Jason,  Congratulations on your efforts to get to know your GR-55...it will stand you in good stead !

Re 'quoting'....there is a a "Quote" button at the top right of each post within a thread..simply hit that and then add your own text / comments..  then hit "Post", and you're there...  HTH,  Peter

scrutinizer

Quote from: gumbo on January 08, 2017, 01:47:50 PM
Hi Jason,  Congratulations on your efforts to get to know your GR-55...it will stand you in good stead !

Re 'quoting'....there is a a "Quote" button at the top right of each post within a thread..simply hit that and then add your own text / comments..  then hit "Post", and you're there...  HTH,  Peter

Thanks Peter...I appreciate the help.   ;D  It's been nice having the time to play with the gr 55.  Have learned a lot already...funny how doing things over and over removes what used to seem complicated.  It's actually a very simple pedal to program.  Did I just type that?  lol 8)