GP-10 stopped responding to midi PC from MIDX10 and Raspberry PI?

Started by Tonemasterus, September 29, 2016, 05:44:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonemasterus

VG Team,
I need help!  For some reason my GP-10 has all of a sudden stopped responding to Midi PC changes or is very slow to respond (after several presses) from my AX8.  The same hooked up to my ATG-1 works fine. 
I like using the GP-10 because of its smaller footprint but if I can't get it to respond to midi PC then it is useless live! 
I tried resetting factory on GP-10, contacted code smart about the Midx10.  Nothing seems to work.  Any help or suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated!!

Dave

admin

Check the following:

* Verify your "Patch Extent" is "Off" or not set to the Same Patch Number for Patch Extent Min and Patch Extent Max

* Verify the GP-10 is in  "Play Mode " - with Patch number and Patch name displayed on the LCD screen" - GP-10 will not change patches if you are on Tuner screen , Patch Level Screen, or other Edit menus screens

(sixeight reminded me!)
* The GP-10 only responds to midi channel 1. It can send PC and Guitar-to-midi data on other channels, but it will receive MIDI messages only on MIDI channel 1.

sixeight

And the GP-10 only responds to midi channel 1. It can send PC and Guitar-to-midi data on other channels, but it will receive only on channel 1.

admin

QuoteAnd the GP-10 only responds to midi channel 1. It can send PC and Guitar-to-midi data on other channels, but it will receive only on channel 1.

Confirmed!

Tonemasterus

None of those apply.  Patch extent is off.  I'm in play mode.  Sending PC on Channel 1. Like I said it will eventually change but after about 20 pushes of the button on the AX8.  Never had an issue until recently.  The same midi cable sends midi pc fine to the ATG-1 with no issues.  Could it be a time out issue from the AX8?  Really stuck on this one??

Dave

sixeight

From the title I gather you have the same problem when using either the midx10 or the raspberry pi.

You could try to use a PC or Mac to make the connection to the GP10, assuming you have a USB to Midi cable.

On a PC you can use Midi ox to make the connection and check what is going on.
On Mac you can use the app Midi bridge to make the connection. You can use Midi monitor to see what is going on.

You can check whether the PC midi messages are sent properly.

Also do you have some other device that can send the Midi PC messages? Maybe the ATG could do this...

Tonemasterus

Yes, good call!  I will try the ATG to the midx10 to the GP10 and report back. 
Thanks

Dave

Elantric

QuoteI will try the ATG to the midx10 to the GP10 and report back. 

But there is yet another  hurdle .

ATG-1 does not transmit any MIDI messages

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=13067.0
QuoteThere is currently no MIDI output occurring from the ATG-1.

Tonemasterus

Tonemasterus

Ok so I tried my other midi controller and it works fine.  I guess something happened with the midi out of the AX8 to the midx 10?  Weird?

Now to troubleshoot the AX8 midi out!

Thanks for the help!

Dave

thebrushwithin

Decided to go smaller with my live rig, and using a GP-10 with midx10. MIDI ch 1 - patch extent OFF. Using my FCB 1010, definitely set up correctly. However, I have to hit the patch change number twice, for it to switch. Any ideas?

carlb

Use another device to send or receive the patch changes. That will help troubleshoot the issue.
ES Les Paul, internal Roland GK
Boss SY-1000, Valeton Coral Amp pedal
Morningstar MC8 & MC6
QSC CP8 powered speaker

thebrushwithin

Thanks, I resolved the issue by turning the GP-10 on last in the chain.