Roland 909 day -30 new products on Sept 9 2016

Started by Elantric, August 23, 2016, 08:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elantric

I was got into your V-Sax Trick! :-) A perfect fake.
Think that I told this to my wife (Piano) that immediately rang up her sister (Sax) to spread the news!
Ah ah..  ;D

Thanks! Star Wars Tribute band has to wait!

Best
Pasha

But its genuine

Roland Aerophone AE10
https://www.roland.com/us/products/aerophone_ae-10/

rolandvg99

Quote from: Elantric on September 09, 2016, 11:55:22 PM
But its genuine

Roland Aerophone AE10

I have one of these:

Hope tha AE10 doesn't suck as bad...
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

pasha811

Quote from: Elantric on September 09, 2016, 11:55:22 PM
But its genuine

Roland Aerophone AE10

Ops. I clicked on the link about Product 16 but the streaming was laggy and interrupted then I searched about V-Sax, nothing.. so I got the impression it was not for real... the Alien woodwinds band... well... I made a fool of myself.
I am sorry I have doubted of Elantric's word. You can make  a fun of me for the next 30 days... I saw that rolandvg99 already started it. :-)

Now I have to go back to wife and sister-in-law and what's waiting for me it more than a slap on the wrist... :-)
Listen to my music at :  http://alonetone.com/pasha/

gumbo

Quote from: rolandvg99 on September 10, 2016, 01:16:40 AM
I have one of these:

Hope tha AE10 doesn't suck as bad...

The V-Sex is actually the New Zealand model...   ;D

..the V-Sux is a car engine over there.

(talking NZ pronunciation  - for those who didn't get that...)     ...apologies to Gumtown   :-*
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

pasha811

Quote from: gumbo on September 10, 2016, 01:48:02 AM

Something in my brain told me it was a matter of time...before release.. :-)

chrish

I checked over at Vsax.com and the 6 members there are very excited about this new flagship vsax. They are hoping to reach 17 members by October. :-)

i wonder how many units roland expects that they will sell?

montyrivers

Quote from: chrish on September 10, 2016, 10:36:56 AM
I checked over at Vsax.com and the 6 members there are very excited about this new flagship vsax. They are hoping to reach 17 members by October. :-)

One thing should be considered here is that the only products like it are the Akai EWI and the Yamaha WX5.  This new Roland unit has a good chance of capturing the market share since both of the competiton's units have been on the market since the mid 80's.   

It should also be considered that an intuitive, well made digital instrument would be a great way for a sax player to play quietly.  You can't put a mute on a sax.

BMapson

Quote from: montyrivers on September 10, 2016, 12:15:11 PM
One thing should be considered here is that the only products like it are the Akai EWI and the Yamaha WX5.  This new Roland unit has a good chance of capturing the market share since both of the competiton's units have been on the market since the mid 80's.   

It should also be considered that an intuitive, well made digital instrument would be a great way for a sax player to play quietly.  You can't put a mute on a sax.

As a wind player, the challenge with all of these instruments--Akai, Yamaha, etc.--is the embouchure and the ability to articulate notes in a similar fashion as natural reed instruments.  The best of these, in my opinion, is the Yamaha series.  If you can't lip up or down on notes with the Roland, it will be seen as a toy or novelty.  It may very well be capable, but this is what separates the usable wind controllers from the rest.

chrish

I was joking because i never have recently seen a sax player playing a midi controller.

When they first came out, there were a few pros out there using them though. Maybe they still are but i haven't seen 'em.

rolandvg99

Quote from: BigMapson on September 10, 2016, 12:26:35 PM
As a wind player, the challenge with all of these instruments--Akai, Yamaha, etc.--is the embouchure and the ability to articulate notes in a similar fashion as natural reed instruments.  The best of these, in my opinion, is the Yamaha series.  If you can't lip up or down on notes with the Roland, it will be seen as a toy or novelty.  It may very well be capable, but this is what separates the usable wind controllers from the rest.

My brother in law has, and uses, the AKAI EWI-USB, but he's a brass player rather than a reed player so it works fine for his needs.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

gumtown

Quote from: gumbo on September 10, 2016, 01:48:02 AM

..the V-Sux is a car engine over there.

(talking NZ pronunciation  - for those who didn't get that...)     ...apologies to Gumtown   :-*

Ha Ha !! good one  :D

At least we can pronounce "Fish and Chips" correctly, and win the rugby  ;D
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

gumbo

Quote from: gumtown on September 10, 2016, 05:45:32 PM
Ha Ha !! good one  :D

At least we can pronounce "Fish and Chips" correctly, and win the rugby  ;D

Yeah...   ...sigh..

NZ sux..Australia five...  ::)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

pasha811

Quote from: chrish on September 10, 2016, 10:36:56 AM

ROFL. :-)

RogerVG8EX

I don't know if the GT-1 includes the guitar to MIDI.

Elantric

I suspect it does But it's one string only - no chords

Well know more when the manual arrives

As always first source available for Roland /Boss Owners Manuals will be Roland Netherlands in Dutch.

montyrivers

Quote from: rolandvg99 on September 10, 2016, 01:59:42 PM
My brother in law has, and uses, the AKAI EWI-USB, but he's a brass player rather than a reed player so it works fine for his needs.

Yes!  The EWI is much more popular with brass players, in fact I think the setting for it is called EVI Electronic Valve Instrument or something.  In fact there is a site devoted to using the EVI, it even includes custom breath patches for romplers like the Fantom

Spider

I will have GT-1 on Friday so... I can check what you like.

Elantric

See if the GT-1 Speaker Cabs sound any better than GP-10

Majiken

Thankfully no GAS for me on the GT-1, since its footprint is no improvement over the GP-10, if  no electricity I can use my Cube Street EX as an all-in-one solution and I already have a 30 second looper in my TC-Helicon VoiceLive (and 30-32 seconds is damn tight if you want to loop anything of significance).  Interested to hear how it works, maybe I can recommend it to somebody....

Man, is that "sax" ugly!!!!! I understand Roland nails the V-accordians pretty well....
Take what you need, put back a bit more, leave the place behind you better than it was before :-)

www.majiken.rocks

hading

Quote from: Majiken on September 14, 2016, 03:47:33 PM

Man, is that "sax" ugly!!!!! I understand Roland nails the V-accordians pretty well....

I think they look like nice instruments, but they do seem to have their fair share of issues, at least based on the Yahoo group.