GT100 Effect Return input level

Started by Slooj, August 02, 2016, 09:12:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slooj

Hi, I recently acquired a GT100 with a view to wiring it up using the 4 cable method. My amp is an Orange Crush CR120H. It seems that the effect loop on the amp is too hot for the GT100 to handle. The GT100 compresses the hell out of the signal it receives in its effect return, coming from the effect send of the amp.

I've adjusted the levels in the S/R effect but they do not fix the massive compression I'm hearing. The only way I can get it to work is to insert my Boss Line Selector (great pedal) between the amp effect send and the GT100 effect return then significantly attenuate the signal using the line selector. This works fine and the compression no longer happens.

Ideally I'd like a solution without using the line selector but cannot fathom it out. There doesn't seem to be an input sensitivity setting for the effect return on the GT100 and there is no control over the effect send on the amp either.

Does anyone know if the GT100 effect loop sensitivity can be adjusted in a similar way to the guitar input?

Many thanks,
Slooj

gumtown

The GT-100 S?R Loop has Send and Return level settings, but if the Return level setting does not fix the compression, then you will have to use a line attenuator. A passive attenuator will do the job, they can be D.I.Y. made with just 3 resistors soldered inside a jack plug.

http://www.nu9n.com/tpad-calculator.html
Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

Slooj

Thanks gumtown, I thought that would probably be the case. I have tried a variable passive attenuator (vein-tap.com leech) pedal but the amount of treble loss was significant. Using the Boss Line Selector as an active line attenuator seems to be the best solution so far? There is a very slight treble loss with the line selector but I can only just hear it when I use my brightest guitar and have the treble cranked on my amp. That's not a real world scenario for me.

Would the 3 resistors you mentioned also cause an audible loss of treble?