RC-300 control with FC-300? advice please

Started by sbKJ300, November 09, 2015, 08:50:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbKJ300

Hi,

Recently acquired a RC 300 and am finding it extremely intuitive and very easy to use. No problems there....
But I also have a FC 300 left behind from previous ownership ofa VG 99 and I would very much like to use the foot switches & pedals to control the RC 300 parameters.
Would have thought the might be very easy but am not getting beyond selection of Loop Memory number which I can step up & down with on the FC 300.
I must be missing something obvious here but can somebody give me a pointer or 2 of how to get lets say the pedal to control volume or track volume or tempo (if that's possible?) just as examples? So using the example of trying to get remote volume control I have set CC on the FC to CC7 which I might have expected the RC to respond to but nothing happens.
Both devices are OMNI - ON, are on MIDI channel 1 and directly connected. MIDI info is obviously being passed as the Memory  patches do actually change as I said earlier.

Be most grateful.

sbKJ300

Some progress with this endeavour....

I have my FC-300 sending CC's to control volume and tap tempo bit this on a per track basis only. Can the RC-300 acept a Global external controller assignment ? Otherwise this needs to be configured for each & every loop memory location?

Threeleggedyoyo

If you're still scratching your head, try this video I made that explains Assign functions:

In your case, you'll have to use CC's as your Source inputs, like you saw.

The RC-300 doesn't have Global assignments. However, you can copy Memory patches with a couple clicks, so once you have one you like you can copy it over to several patch locations. My suggestion is to name your patches according to your settings so you won't get lost if you want to have some different types of patches or make changes.