PRIMOVA - GKFX-11 Subsonic Filter Project

Started by CodeSmart, July 18, 2014, 02:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CodeSmart

Every filter, either GKFX-11 or integrated in GKPX-14 is carefully tested to verify the frequency characteristics.

The individual frequency measurement is plotted in Excel and included in every shipment.

But I got more gear than I need...and I like it!

wlokaz

Thanks a lot Robert for creating GKFX-11.
I have Godin XTSA and GR-55 guitars. Before purchase of GKFX-11 I used to use mainly guitar sounds and some others like trumpet, saxophone, flut, which I could control.
After installation of module most of false, unwanted sounds were limited. Limited to level that allows me to use piano sounds etc.
Before it was hard to control them because of many unwanted sounds. Almost all sounds pleased me with that device.
I'm satisfied of purchase. However still need to play very accurate and set fingers properly to do not create unwanted sounds- still plaing on strings not keys.
I'm glad and hope that I will be able to buy some other improved devices of Robert, f.e. with selection of more or less accurate filter.
Regards, Wlokaz  ;)
;

CodeSmart

Mikko127 raised an interesting question. VIOLIN! How many of you guys would like me to tweak the filter for a 4 or 5 string violin to improve violin tracking? Any violin 13-pin heroes out there? Please take contact with me. Here or through sound@primova.se.

CodeSmart

Last unit sold. I'm out of enclosures and it's too #%}#* cold working in the garage, abt. -15'C / 5'F
Consider other sources.

CodeSmart

Got some new requests for the GKFX-11 filter.
Planning a new batch. Abt $120-$140 incl. 1 meter cable.
Adding a 1/4" jack an pots/mixer to blend/select GTR (from the 13-pin cable) and the jack input.
Any GR-55 user might like this, and people with Moog guitars or guitars with dual output, or just to get your regular axe (non GK) into the GR-55.

Send me an email to sound@primova.se if interested.
Got to plan how many enclosures to make. Lead time abt. 5-8 weeks.

Warning:  The box will be dark red metallic with white screen print  :o

CodeSmart

Proceeeding as planned. Enclosures and PCB received. Now ordering components.
Building  abt. 10 units.

Same succesful Subsonic Filter for improved tracking as the old GKFX-11
but now with an additional regular guitar input jack and two volume controls.

This allows you to:
1. Connect a regular guitar to your GR-55
2. Improve tracking on Piezo equipped instruments in GR-55
3. Mix/Blend 13-pin GTR signal and Jack signal (Piezo/Magnetic mix).
4. Connect two guitars to your GR-55/GP-10. One GK and one regular guitar.

The two input stages (GK GTR signal and JACK) may be individually adjusted from silence to x2 gain (+6dB).
Gain x1 (0dB) is around center position.

Email sound@primova.se if interested to get one of these limited number of units.

CodeSmart

Arkku

I'm liking the new red colour and the addition of the 1/4" input. One further potential enhancement which comes to mind would be adding foot switches for the S1/S2 buttons which would not be present on a regular guitar (or on all piezo implementations), but this would probably be quite easy to add in later, assuming there's a bit of extra space in the box.

(Anyhow, definitely still interested in getting one of these - I already e-mailed you about a month ago.)

CodeSmart

If S1/S2 switches is wanted I recommend (I or DIY) adding a stereo jack for two external momentary switches. Roland dual footswitches would work.
The footprint is too small for two built-in foot switches.
A small hand operated (on)-off-(on) switch would however fit.

Chumly

I'm very impressed Code Smart and I do have an older Brian Moore i2.13 and a GR-55 and VG-99.
I think it's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers which might be wrong. - Richard P. Feynman

jassy

CodeSmart

Returned from Iceland this morning. What a country :o, and I thought we had cold summers here in Sweden. Boy was  wrong! Just above freezing point in July up there, sun all night but in Winters only a few hours of light. Drove the whole Island with bathing in hot springs, watching lava fields and whales, Geysirs, beautiful water falls, Ice bergs from the glaciers drifting into the sea etc. Anyhow. I'm back and just soldered one of the new boards for the next batch of GKFX-11 with input jack and volume pots. Works well and production starts now for about 15-20 units. The white color is clearcole. Got some work to do...

Elantric

CodeSmart

The GKFX-11 is dead. Long live the GKFX-21:
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=15681.0