Gittler GK13 Superior Cable (WITH a right angle connector) NOW SHIPPING!

Started by sashua, May 09, 2014, 10:58:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rolandvg99

About the same stiffness as George L's cables. A bit stiffer than Planet Waves mic cables, but not much. Great cable.
To V or not to V: That is the question.

My little Soundcloud corner

OldGuitarDude

My Roland cable eventually got a "twist" inside the sheathing (but still works). The Gittler seems a lot better quality. Good ends. I like the right-angle connector. No complaints.

Pete1959

Just got home from my first gig using my Gittler cables I received about 2 months ago. Initially, the right angle connector was stiff, especially when connected to my GP-10 however after many hours of rehearsals using both the GR-55 and GP-10, I can say the disconnect is now much easier.

Thanks forum for the advice and discovery of excellent products such as Gittler as well as my recently received Stompblox pedalboards.

romero

Hey all. I see some members have purchased the gittler 13 pin cable. I see a few of you say it is great, i would just like to know if it get's rid of that irritating noise while moving the cable especially on higher gain patches?

Thanks

thebrushwithin

I would say it minimizes it. Depends on the condition of the 13 pin female, and where they lock. The construction of the cable, itself, is first rate, but if the female doesn't allow for good locking, then you will still struggle with that ground issue. This has been my experience, as one of my guitars has 0 issues, and the other is iffy, at best.

Pete1959

I bought 2 - 12 foot cables and use them regularly now for my GR-55 and GP-10.
No noise whatsoever when I gigged with them last month. My Roland cables have been tossed aside and use them only as spares.
Initially, the 90 degree connector seemed almost impossible to remove from my GP-10 but I no longer have that problem. Guess I got the hang of it but it is a solid connection.

The right angle head is great when plugged into my GC-1 Strat and probably the best reason for buying the cable.
On my GK-3 equipped Strat however, you have to use the straight end and the 90 degree connect barrel is a bit too large to fit in.

Delivery was no problem to Montreal, Canada.
Excellent cable and would not hesitate for a moment to buy more.

Rhcole

I just got a Gittler cable. It is a game-changer for me regarding 13 pin products. I had put away my 13 pin gear after having been embarrassed by cable noise at an outdoor concert about a year and a half ago. I also wasn't sure what wasn't working right- the guitar connector? the cable? the GP-10? more than one problem?

The Gittler plugs in and locks on my Godin and there is no noise, even if I tug at it or tap it. The rig is absolutely silent. Wow.

Buy one if you play your 13 pin out in public and can't afford the explosive pops and crackling from your Boss or other cable.

Elantric

Now If you add Gumbo's Synth-Lynx GK13 jacks with the new ground contact crimps on the round shell connection to your Guitar and GK processor  - all  GK 13 cable movement noises and crackling are a thing of the past

SYNTH•LINX 13-PIN LOCKING JACK LAUNCH!
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=8888.0

whippinpost91850

I have to agree about the Synth-Lynx jacks. I now have them on 2 guitars and my GR55 and I have no noise. Great going Peter (Gumbo)

Rhcole

So, this is news to me.
What product exactly would go into the Godin guitar? What exactly into the GP-10?
I may consider having my tech look into it. If I do it, it will be so badly installed that other VG Forum members will start developing noise on their systems!

Elantric

QuoteWhat product exactly would go into the Godin guitar? What exactly into the GP-10?

Contact Gumbo via PM
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=2189

( and read the forum more? ;))
https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?action=recent

Rhcole

You know, it's remarkable-
I graduated from college with honors in electronics, and I couldn't solder a circuit board cleanly and had to squint to read schematics and study circuit boards. I can wire my own cables and plugs, but just barely.
Yet hand me a business plan or a set of financial plans, and I can spot the strengths and weaknesses without really even trying.
I guess that means that people who couldn't hack it as engineers become CEOs?

gumbo

Quote from: Rhcole on October 28, 2016, 05:19:53 PM

I guess that means that people who couldn't hack it as engineers become CEOs?

...or consultants...   ::)

...and thanks to All for the shout-out   :-*

There are currently 11 different versions of the Synth-Linx Jack in production, to suit applications in GP-10, GR-55, RR Strat, GC-1 Strat, and a few more DIY areas...one of these days I'll stop long enough to re-write the original 'launch' thread..   ::)

Feel free to PM me with an email address and I'll send you a PDF of the current range and details.

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

romero

Hey guys. I have had my gitler 13 pin 5m cable for well over a year and i am quite happy with it,  there has been No noise to around 1 year, and a little electric cleaner fixed that, the release mechanism on the angled end can take some getting used to but once you learn the proper release technique its no problem. Now i have about 5 official roland cables collecting dust lol

okrocker

I bought a high price gittler 13 pin 12ft for my GR55/strat/gk3 setup... I have loud popping at both ends with a light wiggle! right outta the package! :'( ... Anybody heard of another solution??? thanks

gumtown

I can assure you the PRIMOVA GK Cables are THE best you can get, and at a very good price.
I use them myself, they stand up to live gigging use very well.
and are noise free.

http://www.primovasound.com/index.html

Free "GR-55 FloorBoard" editor software from https://sourceforge.net/projects/grfloorboard/

whippinpost91850

HecticArt

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Primova cables are fantastic!
I bought a few around 5 years ago, thinking I'd need a couple as backups.
I'm still using the first one, without any noise or issues.

I've purchased a couple of Gittler cables in the past, and have had good luck with them, but they were much more expensive.

Depending on where you live, the Primova cables may take a little longer to get shipped to you, but they are certainly worth it IMHO.

gumbo

Quote from: okrocker on February 02, 2021, 05:20:55 PM
I bought a high price gittler 13 pin 12ft for my GR55/strat/gk3 setup... I have loud popping at both ends with a light wiggle! right outta the package! :'( ... Anybody heard of another solution??? thanks

Codesmart's cables ARE top notch....

...however, realise that you could have an amount of crap in your jacks themselves...if that is the case, no amount of expensive, better quality cables are going to fix the problem.

If the 'popping' does not result in any prolonged drop-out of a PARTICULAR string or function...or effectively cuts out EVERYTHING instead at that point, the problem is more likely to be the ground connection in the jacks themselves.

If the solitary 'spring'-loaded contact for the ground connection within the jack (which attempts to make contact with the outer face of the jackplug's shell) is not doing its business properly because of or dirt or oxidation or both, the only remaining path for the ground circuit is via the point where the locking pawl of the jackplug 'sort-of' connects with the internals of the Roland jack....this is hardly sufficient and DOES get affected badly by a jackplug that is permitted to wiggle about in the otherwise cavernous circular slot in the face of the Roland Jack.

(Enclosed admission of pecuniary interests, at this point)....

Solution(s):

Clean the Jacks and jackplugs PROPERLY before investing in more technologies without first diagnosing and fixing the problem(s)..

Also ask yourself how old all these components are, and when was the last time anyone cleaned them....
...and 'new' cables can fail the acid test straight out of the bag, if they have a surface coating of some oily substance that has been applied at the factory to 'stop' them getting corroded....

Read:-

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=26362.0

https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=3132.0

HTH

Peter

PS:-
One other 'little' thing....ANY 13-pin cable that relies upon crimping the outer screen of the cable in the jaws of the strain-relief part of the jackplug's internals, is JUST AN ACCIDENT WAITING TO HAPPEN...

This connection (which is the way the ground circuit is transmitted along the length of the 13-pin cable) should be SOLDERED...otherwise it's a reasonable bet that the quality of this connection will deteriorate over time with cable movement and general wear-and-tear...     ...and I've also seen some cables to be deficient in this regard from birth...right out of the box...

Codesmart's cables never have this problem.... BTW...      ...much thanks to Robert for initiating such a great product !  :-)
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

Rhcole

...and here is my periodic comment that I now have multiple Gittler cables and I have never had any problems at all with any of them. You do have to break them in a little, especiallly the right angle plug. This can be a one-handed operation as it is about feel and how well you have broken the cable in, not design.