Strange happening at my gig..anyone have THIS happen?...

Started by Cam Grant, December 15, 2013, 12:44:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cam Grant

So im playing a christmas party last week, and everything is going fine, all patches are doing what they're supposed to, from Acoustic to 12 string, from Rickenbacker to LesPaul, all the pitch-shift patches are fine and dandy...then, i go to my basic Strat patch, that ive used already for a few songs, and when i got to play the 1st riff.. it's detuned down a 1/2 step!... strange, its a normal tuning patch, with no pitch shifting anywhere in the perameters.. so i hit the floorboard switch for that patch, and check my tuning, which is fine, and when i hit the switch again, returning to the normal output sound, it's fine!.. i thought it might be a Cat5 cable problem, but when i got home and tried to recreate the same setup, it never repeated..hmm, strange to say the least..anyone else have this happen?..
GT1000-CORE, VG-99, VG-88 , Custom GK loaded Strats, & Teles. Taylor Acoustic, Rickenbacker 330, Rickenbacker 620,VOX AC15, AC10.

maxdaddy

Never seen that one... is this a repeatable behavior?

Bill Ruppert

Yes I have.
I was never able to figure it out it..
Very rare but I was in in a panic and cant remember how I got out.

May just be a glitch.
It happens.

Toby Krebs

I know with my GR55s' and also my GR33/Line 6 HD300/VG-8 etc...sometimes the reverbs especially will change when I have not changed them. The delays too. Never have had much in the way of tuning weirdness though.

booth421

This happened to me as well.. Tried to retune in a panic.. Then noticed something had slid into the d-beams light.. Then I really paniced and had to retune the retune..
Check my solo stuff out at Soundclick.com "Frank Must Die"

fokof

It happened to me

Do you have a FC300 attached to it ?
Any pedal attached to a pitch ?

For me a re-calibration  did the trick
(FC300 manual , page 56 )

papabuss

Quote from: camgrant on December 15, 2013, 12:44:41 PM
So im playing a christmas party last week, and everything is going fine, all patches are doing what they're supposed to, from Acoustic to 12 string, from Rickenbacker to LesPaul, all the pitch-shift patches are fine and dandy...then, i go to my basic Strat patch, that ive used already for a few songs, and when i got to play the 1st riff.. it's detuned down a 1/2 step!... strange, its a normal tuning patch, with no pitch shifting anywhere in the perameters.. so i hit the floorboard switch for that patch, and check my tuning, which is fine, and when i hit the switch again, returning to the normal output sound, it's fine!.. i thought it might be a Cat5 cable problem, but when i got home and tried to recreate the same setup, it never repeated..hmm, strange to say the least..anyone else have this happen?..
Reminds me somehow of the Assign hold 'problem'
Press System---[F4] (CTL)--Page 2--Turn ASSIGN HOLD OFF !
FENDER STRATOCASTER (1974); BRIAN MAY RED SPECIAL; VG 99; GR 55; Yamaha DX 7

Music was my first love and it will be my last (JOHN MILES)

Cam Grant

So i checked the D-beam assighments for that patch, and altho it was active in that patch, it may have been triggered by something passing over the 99...like an arm?.. or something?.. either way, i took the d beam feature out of the patch..hasnt happened sice..fingers crossed!
GT1000-CORE, VG-99, VG-88 , Custom GK loaded Strats, & Teles. Taylor Acoustic, Rickenbacker 330, Rickenbacker 620,VOX AC15, AC10.