Some fusion licks with my new GR-55!

Started by teleholic, December 20, 2011, 02:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teleholic

Hi gang! I'm new here and a newly converted v-guitarist (never owned any gtr synth stuff before)..I've mainly been an analog pedals /tube amp guy up till now before deciding to venture into the world of guitar synthesis. So anyway i've heard for years how crappy BOSS's COSM amp modelling is but never really owned a BOSS multifx..i was messing with the looper and came up with a Dm7 vamp to solo over with some fusion licks I came up with (sorry about the timing on the backing!) and decided to try out the gr55's interface capabilities too so i recorded everything onto Protools, and was pleasantly surprised by the guitar tone i got, cos they sounded average through my pa..let me know what you guys think! Would appreciate any comments/feedback!

Another thing i'd like to consult with the vets here: I remember reading somewhere on the forum about assigning both AMP gain and level to the gk volume knob so i can clean up my sound yet not lose too much volume..i've assigned 1 to amp gain (0-120) and 2 to amp level (0-100) but it doesn't seem to work..doesn't clean up too much and loses a lot of volume..would really appreciate some advice here..

Lastly i'd like to be able to ,within a patch, go from a COSM acoustic model to a COSM electric gtr model..In assigns I can only set targets within the acoustic models, so I have no idea how to change from a COSM acoustic model to a COSM electric..my current workaround is using normal pickup through MFX's guitar amp sim (not great sounding) so with a stomp of CTL i go from COSM acoustic (amp/mod line to a full range amp model) to normal pickup (MFX line to gtr amp sim)...again, would appreciate any advice on how i can achieve COSM acoustic to COSM elec gtr (with seperate amp types)..Thanks so much in advance this is really a wonderful forum!

Brent Flash

Welcome to the group teleholic!  :)

Make sure you visit this thread for some invaluable information. https://www.vguitarforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=4006.0