Merry Christmas

Started by Cricket, December 09, 2011, 06:22:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cricket

Just a little Christmas thing I was fooling around with.  Sort of a "Fantasia for Oboe, Cello, and Imaginary Music Box."

Btw, there is a fair amount of dissonance involved that doesn't seem to translate well to laptop speakers or earbuds.  Sounds ok to me on decent phones or regular speakers though.

Enjoy.  Merry Christmas all.  May you all find a nice new can of deoxit in your stocking.

http://www.box.com/s/nfmy0vqzkpd16ne0b7ap 

notnomiistakes

whippinpost91850

pearsey

Pearsey

Fender Strat, Maton E80, Godin LGXT
& Junee Diesel

Maudibe

Brilliant, what you have there though are cross frequencies and probably why it does not sound good on smaller, compromised speakers. The frequencies in the harmonies beat nasty against each other on small speakers, but on a full system sound fine. I think this could be resolved by using different sounds for each subsequent line rather than using the same waveform. Or move them apart in octaves...but still will beat methinks.

Great work though :)

Cricket

Hey Maudibe - Yeah, you're right about the cross freqs.  Actually, just panning the different parts to different places in the spectrum eliminated that problem.  Trouble is, I'm still recording "through the air" at the moment so I was stuck with whatever the mic "heard."

Thanks too to the rest of you.  Glad you liked and Merry Christmas.

whippinpost91850

Ande Merry Christmas To you :)