Hi from NE Iwa

Started by legacyfarm, August 10, 2017, 08:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

legacyfarm

Hi from Northeast Iowa on the farm.
I've been lurking on this for him since July trying to learn all I can  about the new synth & midi advancements  in technology. I have actually been overwhelmed by all the knowledge shared  on this  forum.  And I want to thank all of you for giving me the  courage  to jump in. A little about me  I'm retired now but was in a professional band from age 14- 19, in the 60's We were all very young and managed we were also all members  of the musicians union. We played all over the country from regular gigs at night clubs with hundreds to huge stadiuns.. I was a singer and main keyboard player. I played the accordion, Cordovox, eventually a Hammond B3 organ & piano.   One of the guitarist in the band taught me how to play the guitar as one of our shows was switching instruments like musical chairs.  Believe me the part of the show  where I had to get on the drums was very short. LOL  but I ended  up learning how to play the mandolin the banjo and the guitar.  Amazing what you can do when you're young as I look back on it . This gave me a great love for acoustic guitar's. My first guitar was a 1968 D-28 Martin 12 string.  Back then it was only $680. Well have times changed .
I'm very Mac savvy, was technician  for Apple products. I'm still a Mac freak since 1984.  But  I am so  Midi dumb, but learning. So after lurking on this list
I purchased the boss GP 10 and figured out ( Thanks to Patrick at iGuitars) I needed an electric guitar. I also didn't  want to  maul any of my custom acoustics.So as luck would have it
I  purchased a "used Case Dolly" Brian Moore  with the  13 pin synth.  Wow was I  impressed by the beauty of an electric guitar.   Yesterday I loaded up the GP 10 drivers on my Mac and all went smooth with the hook up and recognition. So now I am on my way to learning .   And I hope this long introduction makes up for me being a lurker for so long .  Here is the website to our farm so you can see a little about us. I've had this website for 15 years.
www.thelegacyfarm.com

Thank you so much for letting me join and sharing all of your knowledge with me and others. I'm grateful to be here. Cheers , Katy

admin

Welcome

The journey begins . . .  :)

legacyfarm

aliensporebomb

Welcome indeed - I'm not that far away in the Twin Cities.  Those winter nights in these areas make perfect research time for these devices.  Enjoy!
My music projects online at http://www.aliensporebomb.com/

GK Devices:  Roland VG-99, Boss GP-10, Boss SY-1000.

gumbo

Welcome (all the way from Australia!) to the best place to learn about all this stuff  :o :o :o

Let us know when you're ready to start selling knitted covers for GP-10s   ;D  ..could be a real market there 'coz I bet wool would repel spilt beer REALLY well!

Seriously, thanks for your introduction, and hope you enjoy this place as much as we do!   ;)

Cheers,
Peter
Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

legacyfarm

Thank you everybody for the welcome.
I'm still figuring out this forum and how it functions.  Very old school and I'm rusty.
AH twin cities.  Bought my most favorite custom built acoustic from Guitar Rodeo.  I wanted to get up there this summer.  Really nice bunch of people up there.

And Austraila....wow  My daughter studied there for 4 months and had a blast.  She couldn't believe the students drinking on campus.  LOL

I could definitely do knitted covers. Hmmm never thought of that.  I've been thinking hard case for GP 10. But knitted  then felted would be the best and it would have true moisture barrier, be breathable and be padded.  Good with a flap over Would take time maybe I will try that

gumbo

"I'm still figuring out this forum and how it functions."

....don't worry, some of us are still doing that, and we've been here for years!   :o

Nice to have you with us..   ..safety in numbers..   ;)

Cheers,
Peter

Read slower!!!   ....I'm typing as fast as I can...

admin

Chrisfromiowa

Good morning Katy,
You are my idol... Wow, really I aspire to what you have, but just have a yard full of half broken junk, and they really don't like that here in 50265, I mean, they have a leash law for cats... cats... Anyways keep up the good work. Regards Chrisfromiowa